Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I'm hoping someone can give me some advice.

My partner is currently here on a fiancé visa, we are getting married in September.

Last week I tried to get him added on to my car insurance as a named driver, but as he's not yet here indefinitely they would not insure him and could only offer temporary insurance for up to 49 days in a year.

Does anyone know how we can go about arranging insurance for him to drive my car? He has a European economic license and they confirmed he could drive with that for a year and then change it over to a UK one. Any good companies out there that will insure?

Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Hi everyone, I'm hoping someone can give me some advice.

My partner is currently here on a fiancé visa, we are getting married in September.

Last week I tried to get him added on to my car insurance as a named driver, but as he's not yet here indefinitely they would not insure him and could only offer temporary insurance for up to 49 days in a year.

Does anyone know how we can go about arranging insurance for him to drive my car? He has a European economic license and they confirmed he could drive with that for a year and then change it over to a UK one. Any good companies out there that will insure?

Thanks in advance :)
Did you inform the Insurers of your marriage in September and the consequential Spouse Visa which gives him 2 1/2 years?
Have you tried an Insurance Broker rather than just one Company? Brokers do tend to know where to go for such situations.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I think you just have to try different insurance companies. My partner's original car insurance company wouldn't insure me (or it was some outrageous extra cost) so we went with Tesco insurance, so you could try them?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.