Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

As anyone done this drive please, I have put the journey into google maps and given me three options.

If anyone has done this route and can advise I would appreciate.

I am arriving on ferry at 6 pm, and we plan to drive through the evening.

Thank you

·
Administrator
36,464 Posts

·
Registered
7,036 Posts
Hi

As anyone done this drive please, I have put the journey into google maps and given me three options.

If anyone has done this route and can advise I would appreciate.

I am arriving on ferry at 6 pm, and we plan to drive through the evening.

Thank you
I did it once. The way I came was probably the most direct - Burgos, Madrid, Jaen, Granada, Malaga, Estepona. I see that Google maps suggests Valladolid instead of Burgos nowadays, can't really comment on that - probably not a lot in it.

Do you intend to stop somewhere - or just go for it?

·
Registered
15,682 Posts
We use the Valladolid - Salamanca - Badajoz - Seville route (as recommended by Via Michelin). It takes ten hours to get to our town so Estepona would be about 11 hours. Lots of good stopover places and very few tolls, plus you don't have to negotiate Madrid!

·
Registered
17,566 Posts
WE use Burgos way, following E05. This takes you round Madrid from the A1 (Autopista Norte) round to the R4 (its very simple) You just follow the signs for the R4 (you could avoid a few tolls by taking the A4 but it is very messy going down through Aranjuez) at the southern end of the R4 you join the A4/E5 stay on this road until just after you pass round Córdoba then take the A45 down to Málaga and join the A7 to Estepona.

Doing this in one hop is expecting a bit much - but it is up to you.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you, yes of course this is plan, but like all plans, they can be adjusted. The main thing is we get there safe.
I have done quite a bit of night driving, so no problems there. It will literally just be how we are, I am sharing the driving, so if we need to stop we of course will.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts