Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
Does DPI really matter , I am not sure I have scanned all docs as pdf but on my system which is MAC it does not show DPI, not sure how to change it to 200 as per ACS standard.
I tried to google also but for pdf files they say there is no DPI thing.

So can anyone of you confirm as long as I am keeping the size of the pdf file below 3MB it should be fine or shall I also take care of this DPI requirement???

Help is much appreciated!!!

·
Registered
23,949 Posts
Hi Guys,
Does DPI really matter , I am not sure I have scanned all docs as pdf but on my system which is MAC it does not show DPI, not sure how to change it to 200 as per ACS standard.

So can anyone of you confirm as long as I am keeping the size of the pdf file below 3MB it should be fine or shall I also take care of this DPI requirement???

You can use this to reduce the file size, if you are worried about the overall size of the documents

Compress PDF online. Same PDF quality less file size

Cheers

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Guys,

You can use this to reduce the file size, if you are worried about the overall size of the documents

Compress PDF online. Same PDF quality less file size

Cheers
Thanks buddy for sharing the link...
As long as file size is less than 3 mb it shud be ok.so dpi hardly matters??..also any naming convention for acs or i can just give descriptive names separated by underscore??

·
Registered
23,949 Posts
Thanks buddy for sharing the link...
As long as file size is less than 3 mb it shud be ok.so dpi hardly matters??..also any naming convention for acs or i can just give descriptive names separated by underscore??

AACS are just worried that applicants should not scan in high dpi unnecessary and bloat the files. I presume they would need to keep the records of all applicants for several years.
So data storage would be an issue with them
As long as files are in low MB and in B&W, no issues

There are just a few files to be uploaded to ACS
So as long as the assessor can understand at a glance what it contains, t is enough
Don't break your head too much
No chance of mix up like in DIBP where the number of files and heads will be much more

Cheers

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
AACS are just worried that applicants should not scan in high dpi unnecessary and bloat the files. I presume they would need to keep the records of all applicants for several years.
So data storage would be an issue with them
As long as files are in low MB and in B&W, no issues

There are just a few files to be uploaded to ACS
So as long as the assessor can understand at a glance what it contains, t is enough
Don't break your head too much
No chance of mix up like in DIBP where the number of files and heads will be much more

Cheers
Ok Bro..noted...thnx!!
May be I am just extra dreaded !!
I will be submitting ACS on Monday....hoping for the best!!
Thanks!!

·
Registered
23,949 Posts
Ok Bro..noted...thnx!!
May be I am just extra dreaded !!
I will be submitting ACS on Monday....hoping for the best!!
Thanks!!
My experience with them has been very positive
They answered all my queries patiently over a period of several weeks, and that's why I am able to answer the questions raised by members

If they find anything missing, they will get back to you and give you an opportunity to make it right.

Cheers

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My experience with them has been very positive
They answered all my queries patiently over a period of several weeks, and that's why I am able to answer the questions raised by members

If they find anything missing, they will get back to you and give you an opportunity to make it right.

Cheers
Thumbs up bro!! thanks!!

·
Registered
413 Posts
On the topic

It is consider better to upload documents with 100 DPI as they are legible yet file size is in reasonable limits. If you haven't use camscanner its perfectly fine. And if they have issue with your documents they may ask you to upload again.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It is consider better to upload documents with 100 DPI as they are legible yet file size is in reasonable limits. If you haven't use camscanner its perfectly fine. And if they have issue with your documents they may ask you to upload again.
thanks bro!!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
thanks bro!!!
Even i was confused if i was uploading very high quality scans. But the ACS team didn't have much problem with my documents which was created with 150 dpi i think.

I checked on how to get the dpi in mac

To find the DPI: If you open it in Preview, click Tools > Show Inspector. The information you seek will be in the resulting popup window.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks bro!!!
Even i was confused if i was uploading very high quality scans. But the ACS team didn't have much problem with my documents which was created with 150 dpi i think.

I checked on how to get the dpi in mac

To find the DPI: If you open it in Preview, click Tools > Show Inspector. The information you seek will be in the resulting popup window.
Thanks for the info!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts