Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Friends,

Can one of you please help me with the below question. Apologize , if this has been already answered and I am repeating it.

I received an invitation for visa subclass 189 and need to apply before 13th Sep 2013. All the information is complete except our new born baby's. He is 2 months old and his passport processing is still in progress and expected to be complete by next week. Since its touch and go situation for me, I request some advice from the members of this forum.
( Since he was a premature baby, doctor advised not to travel and we didn't want take a risk. Hence the passport process got delayed.)

1. Can I go ahead and submit the visa application just by adding my wife as dependent and then wait for the assigning of CO so that I can submit the 1022 form?

2. If the above step is fine, then do I need to enter our baby as a non-immigrant dependent in the initial application ? And then add the required comments in 1022 form?

Please help me with your advice. Thanks in advance for your help

Thanks
Dinu

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hello Friends,

Can one of you please help me with the below question. Apologize , if this has been already answered and I am repeating it.

I received an invitation for visa subclass 189 and need to apply before 13th Sep 2013. All the information is complete except our new born baby's. He is 2 months old and his passport processing is still in progress and expected to be complete by next week. Since its touch and go situation for me, I request some advice from the members of this forum.
( Since he was a premature baby, doctor advised not to travel and we didn't want take a risk. Hence the passport process got delayed.)

1. Can I go ahead and submit the visa application just by adding my wife as dependent and then wait for the assigning of CO so that I can submit the 1022 form?

2. If the above step is fine, then do I need to enter our baby as a non-immigrant dependent in the initial application ? And then add the required comments in 1022 form?

Thanks
Dinu
Hi Dinu,

did u apply your son passport? if so it will take only 1 week to get the passport. I got it for my daughter in a week time.

If that is not the case i think you can apply with all details except the son's passport. Once CO assigned you can provide his passport.

That what i feel. Seniors please correct me if i am wrong.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hello Friends,

Thanks
Dinu

You have enough time to get your baby's passport before you lodge application.
I got my son's passport in 3 working days. So would not need to fill 1022 in your application later on.

Make sure you go in passport office with all required documents along with you wife. That would make the process very fast.

All the very best for passport and visa lodgement :fingerscrossed:

·
Registered
116 Posts
You have enough time to get your baby's passport before you lodge application.
I got my son's passport in 3 working days. So would not need to fill 1022 in your application later on.

Make sure you go in passport office with all required documents along with you wife. That would make the process very fast.

All the very best for passport and visa lodgement :fingerscrossed:
One more thing. now for kid passport you need appointment. That what they told me last week. But mostly they will accept without appointment since the rule change happened recently and tell them that you are not aware. they will consider you. Its works for me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank You friends. I lodged my Visa application just including me and my wife. Yesterday I received my son's passport . Now waiting for the assignment of CO and will update the passport details using 1022 form.

Thanks once again for all the responses.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Hi To_Aus,

my friend lodged an application on the 30th of August 190 visa subclass. I hope he will get a CO in October, it takes around 8 weeks for Co allocation these days due to rush of applications.

His wife is expecting to deliver a baby in first week of November. What is best to wait for the baby and proceed ahead with medicals for the whole family or wife and him do it now...

Explain please...

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Hi To_Aus,

my friend lodged an application on the 30th of August 190 visa subclass. I hope he will get a CO in October, it takes around 8 weeks for Co allocation these days due to rush of applications.

His wife is expecting to deliver a baby in first week of November. What is best to wait for the baby and proceed ahead with medicals for the whole family or wife and him do it now...

Explain please...
I am quoting from Panel Doctors instruction........
Pregnant women and x-ray examinations
The Australian Government does not recommend the taking of screening chest x-rays during pregnancy. Consequently, women should be advised that they have the option of:
• deferring their chest x-ray, and therefore the finalisation of their visa application, until after the birth, or
• following counselling, if they so choose to proceed with the x-ray examination with appropriate abdominal shielding after the first trimester

Note: In lower-medium risk TB countries the department has removed the need for chest x-ray of pregnant women but in these situations applicant should be B graded so that Global Health can place the applicant on a health undertaking for follow up for TB screening in Australia after pregnancy.

A full explanation of the risks must be provided by the panel physician or the pregnant woman’s treating physician before the applicant makes a decision as to whether to proceed.

If, after a full explanation of the risks, a pregnant woman elects to undergo a chest x-ray, the following guidelines followed:
• the field size must be strictly limited to include the chest only (that is. not the abdomen or head)
• the radiology clinic must confirm on the paper x-ray examination report (Form 160) or in eHealth that
informed consent has been obtained
• double wrap around abdominal and pelvic shielding must be used.

For applicants who choose to delay the x-ray till after childbirth, reference should be made on the paper medical examination report (Form 26) or in eHealth, to the presence, or absence, of any history or clinical evidence of TB and the countries in which the applicant has lived in the past five years.

All women of reproductive age should be asked about the date of their last menstrual period.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi,

We got the Invite under the 189 category on 27th Jan. I am in the process of submitting the evisa application. While submitting EOI i had given only my spouse as 1 dependant. we were blessed with a child in February. I want to include my child also in my application. But we dont have the passport yet. how can i include her in the visa application. Experts please help.

Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.