Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

My HR manager of my current company has agreed to give me an Experience letter of Network Engineer 263111.

1) Is this ok? In the ACS its mentioned. The following job references are NOT suitable:
If the referee’s relationship with the applicant is unclear
So will it be rejected because my relationship with the HR manager is not technical . He is just a colleague of mine but he is in charge of handing out reference letters.

2) In the To date can I write (till present) or should there be some date for example todays date?

Thanks

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hey guys,

My HR manager of my current company has agreed to give me an Experience letter of Network Engineer 263111.

1) Is this ok? In the ACS its mentioned. The following job references are NOT suitable:
If the referee’s relationship with the applicant is unclear
So will it be rejected because my relationship with the HR manager is not technical . He is just a colleague of mine but he is in charge of handing out reference letters.

2) In the To date can I write (till present) or should there be some date for example todays date?

Thanks
1) I dont think it would be any issue, as HR is authority in any Letter Issuance in an organisation so this should not be any issue, and ACS will accept it without any trouble.
If Reference letter contains your manager's name its better. :) :)

2) for to Date you can write Present(but date muct be mentioned somewhere in letter(Letter Issuance Date)
but its better to write like this : From dd/mm/yyyy to Present(27/05/2015)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1) I dont think it would be any issue, as HR is authority in any Letter Issuance in an organisation so this should not be any issue, and ACS will accept it without any trouble.
If Reference letter contains your manager's name its better. :) :)

2) for to Date you can write Present(but date muct be mentioned somewhere in letter(Letter Issuance Date)
but its better to write like this : From dd/mm/yyyy to Present(27/05/2015)

thanks harkanwal singh!!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Friends,

I dont have experience letter for the current organisation,is it ok if i attach a affidavit and send for ACS? will that do? please advice

·
Registered
57 Posts
Friends,

I dont have experience letter for the current organisation,is it ok if i attach a affidavit and send for ACS? will that do? please advice

Yes you can provide an Affidavit but it must be from a colleague of you at a supervisory Role.

ACS Says:
A Statutory Declaration or Affidavit written by a work colleague needs to describe the working relationship with you and details of your duties performed with relevant dates of employment. It is preferable that the work colleague writing the declaration be at a supervisory level.
Only one of the following additional documents will be required for all Statutory Declarations or Affidavits:
 Payslip – preferably first & last payslip
 Human Resource statement or Service Certificate
 Termination Letter with corresponding dates

Please go to below Link for ACS Guidelines for Applicants for full details on this.

https://acs.org.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0020/7319/Skills-Assessment-Guidelines-for-Applicants.pdf :)

Reactions: rj2309

·
Registered
111 Posts
Thanks brother.All the best to you

·
Registered
111 Posts
Bro,

Just got off from my immi consultant, he is telling that its up to case officer discretion to accept the statutory declaration or affidavit. i am confused since he is not giving me assurance that we can give this. so is it worth trying despite his non confirmation. please help

·
Registered
973 Posts
Hi bro,
Don't worry.
I have changed 5 companies and for each of my 5 companies I gave statutory declaration only and no reference letter on company letter head. and I received my ACS result in 5 days.

Only thing is you need to substantiate your claim by either giving one of the 3 proofs as given in above statements.

Bro,

Just got off from my immi consultant, he is telling that its up to case officer discretion to accept the statutory declaration or affidavit. i am confused since he is not giving me assurance that we can give this. so is it worth trying despite his non confirmation. please help

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi bro,
Don't worry.
I have changed 5 companies and for each of my 5 companies I gave statutory declaration only and no reference letter on company letter head. and I received my ACS result in 5 days.

Only thing is you need to substantiate your claim by either giving one of the 3 proofs as given in above statements.
Yea For me too, I had given Affidavit from my Manager for my current Company as my company doesnt provide Reference Letters. i got positive assessment in 5 days :), so no need to worry on this

·
Registered
111 Posts
Thanks sukesh and harkanwal bhai...

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi friends

please help ,I have a peculiar situation like i have 4years of Networking experience ?(263111 SOL) and now i am in system administration(CSOL) profile which is 3yrs exp ,please help me in which the ACS would consider the most in my case and any sugesstions? please experts advice,i am confused in this case and i didnt start the ACS cos of this .thanks

·
Registered
111 Posts
sukesh bhai, i have pinged you a personal message . please check

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks to you guys especially harkanwal singh I got my ACS letter. Now its the PTE-A.....do you guys recommend any good guides or books for this exam?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thanks to you guys especially harkanwal singh I got my ACS letter. Now its the PTE-A.....do you guys recommend any good guides or books for this exam?
Hi Naveen,
Congrats on ACS and best of luck for PTE A,

for PTE A as it is a computer based test. Time management is very crucial as questions will automatically pass on once time is over. also understanding of explaining graphs and images or stats is required as it a academic test. best key to get good scores is practice.

i used this book
The Official Guide to PTE Academic : The Pearson Test of English Academic (English) 2nd Edition - Buy The Official Guide to PTE Academic : The Pearson Test of English Academic (English) 2nd Edition by Pearson Online at Best Prices in India - Flipkart

and repeated the complete practice tests like i am giving real one..

you can check some youtube videos also for some practice tips.. :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi Naveen,
Congrats on ACS and best of luck for PTE A,

for PTE A as it is a computer based test. Time management is very crucial as questions will automatically pass on once time is over. also understanding of explaining graphs and images or stats is required as it a academic test. best key to get good scores is practice.

i used this book
The Official Guide to PTE Academic : The Pearson Test of English Academic (English) 2nd Edition - Buy The Official Guide to PTE Academic : The Pearson Test of English Academic (English) 2nd Edition by Pearson Online at Best Prices in India - Flipkart

and repeated the complete practice tests like i am giving real one..

you can check some youtube videos also for some practice tips.. :)

Thanks Harkanwalbhai :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts