Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My skilled occupation comes under ACT occupation list but is now closed status (261313 -Software engineer).
But I have a job offer from a company in Canberra for the same occupation. Am I eligible to apply for ACT - state Nomination for applying 190 visa type?

I have the following eligibilities:
Age below 39
I have already obtained Suitable skills asessment from ACS
I have achieved competent english.
Thanks,

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My skilled occupation comes under ACT occupation list but is now closed status (261313 -Software engineer).
But I have a job offer from a company in Canberra for the same occupation. Am I eligible to apply for ACT - state Nomination for applying 190 visa type?

Age below 39
Thanks,
Any reply on this query please?

·
Registered
965 Posts
Yes you can apply if you have an offer from a company there plus you meet 60 points including state nomination

·
Registered
30 Posts

Age below 39
Thanks,
If you want to value your job offer, the visa type you should apply is Employer sponsored (457) NOT state sponsored.
You are one lucky guy if you already have an offer because many people don't even know any employer there.
State nomination doesn't give you points for job offer from Australia.
Sub-class 457 will have some extra formalities which you and your employer will need to fulfill but it the shortest way for you, further info : Temporary Work (Skilled) visa (subclass 457)

·
Registered
97 Posts
this is from ACT
If you are living overseas, you can apply for nomination of a closed occupation if you have:
• A genuine offer of employment in the nominated occupation from an ACT employer; or
• A close family member (can include a spouse / partner of the applicant; or parents, brother, sister, grandparents, step parents, step siblings of the main applicant or their spouse / partner) who is:
o Currently residing in Canberra and has resided in Canberra for the last twelve months; and
o Either an Australian Permanent Resident or an Australian Citizen; and
o Over 18 years of age.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for the comments, friends. I will apply with the same document and will keep you all updated on the outcome.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts