·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
353 Posts
Hi All,

I am planning to apply for PR and I tried to calculate the number of eligible points from Immigration, work visas and work permit services | UK Tier 1 Visas | UK Tier 2 Visas | US, Australian, and Canadian immigration services site. I found the following question "Skilled employment within Australia*". As I havent worked in Australia previously am i eligible for applying the PR.

Thanks in advance.
Do a points test here - Skilled – Independent (Migrant) Visa (Subclass 175)

You need to score 65 points and a minimum score of 6.0 in IELTS to be eligible to apply for a PR under the current migration program.

You are definitely eligible for a PR even though you have not worked in Aus but you score 65. I have never been to Aus but have a PR in hand right now.

You have to get your skills assessed, sit for IELTS, apply for state sponsorship (if required) and apply for 175 (independent) or 176 (sponsored).

I would recommend going through the DIAC website for all the details.

Moreover, you would want to speed things up a bit as the migration process is changing from July 2012. Not that they don't want people but it would become more of an invitation based system which means you get to apply only when they invite you.

Click Thanks if you feel this helped.

Reactions: sandeshsangar
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.