Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

My ACS got completed and am planning for my PTE Exam on July.

I am crossing 33 years in October 2017. If I am filing the EOI on August 2017 will I be getting 15 points(since I am under 33).. even after filing the EOI on August, will I be loosing the 5 points the moment October is crossed. Is my understanding correct?

Regards
Amal Thomas

·
Registered
40 Posts
I think the answer you're looking for is on this forum but I'm unable to paste a link, google "age calculation for EOI" it was the top result for me..

From what I read, its taken from the age when you submit your EOI, if your birthday is after that, its ok, but have a read up.

·
Registered
23,862 Posts
Hi All,

My ACS got completed and am planning for my PTE Exam on July.

I am crossing 33 years in October 2017. If I am filing the EOI on August 2017 will I be getting 15 points(since I am under 33).. even after filing the EOI on August, will I be loosing the 5 points the moment October is crossed. Is my understanding correct?

Regards
Amal Thomas
Irrespective of when you filed the EOI, the computer will deduct 5 points on the day you turn 33 and your seniority also will be reset

Cheers

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Irrespective of when you filed the EOI, the computer will deduct 5 points on the day you turn 33 and your seniority also will be reset

Cheers
Thanks newbienz.
If I want to apply for state sponsorship what is the process?
Also how easy to get selected with 70 Points Any clue?
I saw you passed the PTE with 20 points in the first attempt. For 20 points do we need 79 above for all categories? or overall 79? Also can you give some pointers on how you prepared for the exam?

·
Registered
23,862 Posts
Thanks newbienz.
If I want to apply for state sponsorship what is the process?
Also how easy to get selected with 70 Points Any clue?
I saw you passed the PTE with 20 points in the first attempt. For 20 points do we need 79 above for all categories? or overall 79? Also can you give some pointers on how you prepared for the exam?
You just have to mark the column in EOI where they ask you if you want to apply for state sponsorship
If you choose YES, then it will ask you to select any particular states or you can choose all.
Some states accept direct application for nominations also.
A member has given the links in one of the threads. You can search that and apply directly also, if you wish

Invite with 70 points depends on your ANZSCO code . Whats your ANZSCO Code ?

I took the E2 language Paid package and prepared with that along with the PTE paid books.
No other specific tip I can offer.
Moreover I took the exam in NZ where i presume the facilities were better and the centre was comparatively quiet

Cheers

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You just have to mark the column in EOI where they ask you if you want to apply for state sponsorship
If you choose YES, then it will ask you to select any particular states or you can choose all.
Some states accept direct application for nominations also.
A member has given the links in one of the threads. You can search that and apply directly also, if you wish

Invite with 70 points depends on your ANZSCO code . Whats your ANZSCO Code ?

I took the E2 language Paid package and prepared with that along with the PTE paid books.
No other specific tip I can offer.
Moreover I took the exam in NZ where i presume the facilities were better and the centre was comparatively quiet

Cheers
I have taken ANZSCO Code: 261313 (Software Engineer).. How about the chance?

·
Registered
23,862 Posts
I have taken ANZSCO Code: 261313 (Software Engineer).. How about the chance?
With 70 points
July 1st Round LOW
July 2nd Round HIGH
Aug 1st Round More or less SURE

Cheers

·
Registered
13 Posts
Do u think I can hope for July 1st round? 261313/75points/ applied 11th April
And any idea when exactly is July 1st round?

·
Registered
23,862 Posts
Do u think I can hope for July 1st round? 261313/75points/ applied 11th April
And any idea when exactly is July 1st round?
First round should be on 5th July
You are more or less guaranteed to get an invite on that day

Cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts