Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

My wife had applied for ACS Skills Assessment on RPL route and got her skills assessed as below:
//
Your skills have been assessed to be suitable for migration under 261313 (Software Engineer) of the
ANZSCO Code.
The following employment after October 2011 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately
skilled level and relevant to 261313 (Software Engineer) of the ANZSCO Code.
Dates: 09/05 - 02/08 (2yrs 5mths)
Position: XXX
Employer: YYY
Dates: 03/08 - 03/12 (4yrs 0mths)

//

I think this is a Positive Skills Assessment. However, I have two questions:

1) What is the total work experience she has been assessed? Especially this statement confused me.
"The following employment after October 2011 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately"

Could you please help me what that exactly means?

2) There is no indication that her education is assessed. So do we need to get her education assessed separately?

Kindly explain me...

S

·
0 Posts
She can claim work experience points for work after October 2011.

If she wants education points she needs to assess her education with vetassess

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My current score is 55. With the above result from ACS, can I claim Spouse points -5 extra?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ahh you are the applicant? If so yes you can use it for extra points.
Hi Shel,

Yes I'm the main applicant and my current score is 55 points. So I needed 5 more points to apply. My wife has applied for ACS assessment via RPL and she got the above result. Now:
1) Will I get extra 5 points for spouse and be totally 60 points to apply?
2) Should my wife need to apply for her Educational assessment for claiming those 5 points?

Your response is much appreciated!

S

·
0 Posts
No, if your wife has a positive skills assessment that is all she needs other than IELTS.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Hi Guys,

//
Your skills have been assessed to be suitable for migration under 261313 (Software Engineer) of the
ANZSCO Code.
The following employment after October 2011 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately
skilled level and relevant to 261313 (Software Engineer) of the ANZSCO Code.
Dates: 09/05 - 02/08 (2yrs 5mths)
Dates: 03/08 - 03/12 (4yrs 0mths)

//
Interesting one. Doesn't ACS come up with "your degree is equivalent to major/minor in ...." for non -RPL applications?

S

·
0 Posts
No because with RPL they dont look at qualifications but work experience. They need to be assessed elsewhere if you need points for it but you only need to do that if you are the main applicant.

·
Registered
470 Posts
No because with RPL they dont look at qualifications but work experience. They need to be assessed elsewhere if you need points for it but you only need to do that if you are the main applicant.
I'm assuming the look into qualification in "Skills (general application)"

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No, if your wife has a positive skills assessment that is all she needs other than IELTS.
Thanks much Shel :) My wife has scored 6 in each sections of IELTS and the above results from ACS and my wife is <30 yrs. So that is all I wanted to claim 5 points for spouse? :)

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Arunvas,

yes, since her occupation is on the SOL you can definitely go ahead and claim partner points.
Thank you Monika! Just worried because of the statement ACS assessment report as I mentioned earlier. That statement has nothing to do for me to claim 5 points? Sorry I just wanted to make it confirmed so that I dont hear a bang later by CO :(

·
Registered
303 Posts
Thank you Monika! Just worried because of the statement ACS assessment report as I mentioned earlier. That statement has nothing to do for me to claim 5 points? Sorry I just wanted to make it confirmed so that I dont hear a bang later by CO :(
Arun,Looks like you have got an answer,All the best with your application.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you Shel, Monika and Srikar :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello Guys,

I am a middle-ware (IBM WebSphere Application Server) administrator with 6 years relevant experience.
Please suggest me which SOL I need to use for 189 visa.
Please suggest me which CSOL I need to use for 190 visa.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts