Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife is the primary applicant. Still we have to submit US PCC and medicals. We recently got a baby like 15 days ago. We updated the case officer that the baby is born. They told me to submit 1022 form, baby birth certificate and baby passport. Do we have to submit 1022 form after getting baby passport or what? We dont want to add baby to the application at this stage. We dont want to approach passport office at this point of time. Can we tell the case officer that we dont to add baby at this stage of the application and can we add later? Please throw some light. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Hi simonparisipogu,

why wouldn't you add the baby to the visa application? Just get the passport, birth certificate and medicals done and get it over with. If you don't add your kid to the application the CO can grant the visa only for you and your wife. In that case you'd have to apply for an extra child visa (101), which costs more money and takes multiple months to process.

The CO usually gives you 28 days to submit documents. If you need more time you can ask for an extension:
If you are unable to provide the requested information (such as medical results or police checks) within the timeframe specified above, for reasons beyond your control, please send us evidence (such as receipts) that you have applied to do so.
Good luck and I hope you enjoy being a new father :).
Monika

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.