Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have just found out that since I moved in to apartment last August the Palm District Cooling was never connected!! Not sure how I've managed but suppose I should really get it connected with July & August just around the corner!

I just thought it wasn't very good aircon that we had! Lol

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would hope so, maintenance guys checked and it's disconnected outside my apartment! Surely can't back charge me for something they disconnected?? But being Dubai anything is possible!

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
It will have been disconnected because someone hasn't paid the bill in the past. If you try and get it connected you could find yourself with a nasty bill.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Not strictly true. It used to be this way but now the Tenant is liable for all PDC charges including capacity fees and consumption (including common areas). PU do keep the landlord's deposit though for when the property is vacant. Anyone considering renting in should ask for proof that all final bills have been paid before signing a contract.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Not strictly true. It used to be this way but now the Tenant is liable for all PDC charges including capacity fees and consumption (including common areas). PU do keep the landlord's deposit though for when the property is vacant. Anyone considering renting in should ask for proof that all final bills have been paid before signing a contract.
Almost right Wanda. The tenant is not responsible for the common areas. This is included in the service charge for the Landlord.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Ooops, my mistake.. you are correct Jim xx

Empower charge the tenant a percentage of the common area consumption on top of their own usage. Palm Utilities (PDC) stung the landlords with an extra bill for common areas in some buildings but it is now included in the service fee.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.