Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for an organisation that takes donated clothing and household goods in Paris. A charity shop that takes drop-offs or an organisation that collects donations from your home. Does anyone know of any?

·
Administrator
51,556 Posts
St. Vincent DePaul exists in Paris and, as far as I know accepts donations. What I don't know is if they pick up or expects you to drop stuff off. The Red Cross accepts clothing, but has standards you have to meet (has to be clean, shoes have to be bundled in pairs, etc.).
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
8 Posts
St Vincent de Paul is located at 120 avenue du Général Leclerc in the 14th arrondissement, but I can't find anything on their website about accepting clothing donations...

I found two addresses in Paris for the Red Cross (Croix Rouge) where they accept clothing donations:

DÉLÉGATION LOCALE DE PARIS X
40 RUE ALBERT THOMAS
75010 PARIS
Tél : 01 42 06 79 05

DÉLÉGATION LOCALE DE PARIS XV
37 RUE DES PERICHAUX
75015 PARIS
Tél : 01 48 28 03 15

·
Administrator
51,556 Posts
At the St. Vincent de Paul headquarters site, there is a drop box (or used to be). I noticed it one day while passing by the place - St. Vincent de Paul is a big charitable organization in the Chicago area and I noticed the drop box because it reminded me of when I lived in Chicago.

You'd have to wander by the address given and see if the drop box is still there.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks so much for this information. If anyone else knows of other orgs that accept donations, please let me know.

Steph

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.