Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi team..I have applied for the 176 visa(paper application;lodgement date 14-May-2012) and Case Office is not yest assigned.

I have not done a PCC and Medicals.

Now I have an immediate UK trip from my company which has to be done on June 1st.(and I do not think my visa will be granted before that.)

I have some clarifications regarding that.Please answer my below queries:

1.Can we take medicals separately?

ie;for me from UK (as I have to travel to UK) and for my spouse and kid from India if the Case Officer is not contacting me in May.(I contacted the authorised hospital and got the update that they would not be able to do the medicals for me unless they are not getting the ID(something called health ID(?)which has to be provided by the CO(as it is a paper based application))

2.When the Visa is granted,

Can we stamp it on the passport separately ?

ie;ie;for me from UK (as I have to travel to UK) and for my spouse and kid from India.

If the above mentioned things are possible,I can go to the UK as part of my official assignment otherwise I need to cancel it.

Please provide me an answer..

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi team..I have applied for the 176 visa(paper application;lodgement date 14-May-2012) and Case Office is not yest assigned.

I have not done a PCC and Medicals.

Now I have an immediate UK trip from my company which has to be done on June 1st.(and I do not think my visa will be granted before that.)

I have some clarifications regarding that.Please answer my below queries:

1.Can we take medicals separately?

ie;for me from UK (as I have to travel to UK) and for my spouse and kid from India if the Case Officer is not contacting me in May.(I contacted the authorised hospital and got the update that they would not be able to do the medicals for me unless they are not getting the ID(something called health ID(?)which has to be provided by the CO(as it is a paper based application))

2.When the Visa is granted,

Can we stamp it on the passport separately ?

ie;ie;for me from UK (as I have to travel to UK) and for my spouse and kid from India.

If the above mentioned things are possible,I can go to the UK as part of my official assignment otherwise I need to cancel it.

Please provide me an answer..

Hai...
I am in a similar situation at the moment...lodged my 175 visa application on 2nd June from kuwait...will be visiting india next month...though i havent been assigned a CO yet, do u think i will face a problem in doing my medicals in India and frontloading it? Do reply...thanx :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Was the application you lodged online?

You can do the medicals only if you have 'Transaction Reference Number or Hap ID'.You will receive it only from the Case Officer in case of Paper application.But in case of online application ,you will receive it immediately after filing it.ie; you do not need to wait for CO allocation for that.

For PCC, the above said things are not required and you can do it at any time.

But the important thing is, even though you can do medicals and PCC,you need to land Australia within 1 year time from the activity(PCC or medicals) whichever is done first.

If your visa grant is delayed, your time frame to reach there will be shortened as entioned above.

In other words,if the PCC is taken August 12th and medicals on Septeber 13th your one year calculation will be started from from August,not from September.In this case you (and your family) should make the first entry to Australia on or before 13th August 2013 and even if your visa grant is delayed unfortunately,the 'first entry date' will not be extended in my understanding.

My suggestion would be to wait for Case Officer's green signal.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I am from india and I stayed in london for 1 year studying and then for another 6 months working. I am india since then for the last 4 years.
Is it necessary to get the PCC for the time spent in london and how to get it. please help me

·
Registered
79 Posts
Was the application you lodged online?

You can do the medicals only if you have 'Transaction Reference Number or Hap ID'.You will receive it only from the Case Officer in case of Paper application.But in case of online application ,you will receive it immediately after filing it.ie; you do not need to wait for CO allocation for that.

For PCC, the above said things are not required and you can do it at any time.

But the important thing is, even though you can do medicals and PCC,you need to land Australia within 1 year time from the activity(PCC or medicals) whichever is done first.

If your visa grant is delayed, your time frame to reach there will be shortened as entioned above.

In other words,if the PCC is taken August 12th and medicals on Septeber 13th your one year calculation will be started from from August,not from September.In this case you (and your family) should make the first entry to Australia on or before 13th August 2013 and even if your visa grant is delayed unfortunately,the 'first entry date' will not be extended in my understanding.

My suggestion would be to wait for Case Officer's green signal.

Thanks a lot for the reply ...
It was just wht i neded ::thumb::thumb:
Mine's was an online application...

·
Registered
354 Posts
pnk said:
I am from india and I stayed in london for 1 year studying and then for another 6 months working. I am india since then for the last 4 years.
Is it necessary to get the PCC for the time spent in london and how to get it. please help me
Yes - any country where you have STAYED beyond 10 months in last 10 years !!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Thanks a lot for the reply ...
It was just wht i neded ::thumb::thumb:
Mine's was an online application...
Hello cdpothen,
Did you already complete the pcc in kuwait and planning to front load the pcc from india and meds as well ?
I just got someone told me that, once you complete the pcc from india(while you are in kuwait or anywhere else), if you travel back to India, that pcc will not be valid anymore. (Even though, its valid in DIAC for 1 yr) As you apply PCC from India while in Kuwait, and then you travel, they will not be aware of anything which happens during that time. Hence it wont be valid.. I am also in similar situation. I was planning to do meds and pcc seperatly for me and wife and kid from Dubai and India, but its seems after completing the whole procedure, i wont be able to go to India next month.. Any advice suggestions ??

·
Registered
590 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.