1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All,

I have query on PCC and medical.

I am describing a situation:

A person applied for 175 subclass from Bangladesh, then go for student visa to Canada for almost 2 years. Now after 8 months of application suppose he is assigned CO and the CO asks for PCC and medical. Is it possible for the guy to do the medical and PCC living in Canada though he is a resident of Bangladesh? Or is there any other way to get the things done?

Please try to answer this question as this is getting crucial for taking decision.

Thanks
Shorif

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hi there

AFAIK you can do your medicals and PCC from any country but keep in mind that medicals needs to done in medical centers that are DIAC approved. You can find the list in the DIAC website. For PCC from Bangladesh you would need to do the below:

BANGLADESH
Relevant document: ‘Police Clearance Certificate’.
Non-resident citizens
Contact the local police station in Bangladesh through a relative or friend or the nearest Bangladeshi embassy or consulate.
Application to include
Resident citizens, resident non-citizens and non-resident citizens – when you apply, authorities will advise what information/ which documents should be provided.

Hope that helps.

Reactions: ashorif

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh thanks! that really helped! That means there will be no problem even someone is living outside of his native country during the process..thanks brother!! Do you have any idea: Within how many days a person needs to enter Australia after approval of the application for 175 subclass? is it within 6 months?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Oh thanks! that really helped! That means there will be no problem even someone is living outside of his native country during the process..thanks brother!! Do you have any idea: Within how many days a person needs to enter Australia after approval of the application for 175 subclass? is it within 6 months?
The entry date depends on the date your PCC or Medical whichever was issued earlier. So say your medicals was issued on June 20th 2012 and your PCC was issued on July 10th 2012 so your entry date will be one year form June 20th 2012. For this reason DIAC asks not to get both of these done unless a CO has asked for it. If you get these done before a CO is allocated and it takes longer to get CO then you will be tight situation to make the first entry.

·
Registered
397 Posts
The entry date depends on the date your PCC or Medical whichever was issued earlier. So say your medicals was issued on June 20th 2012 and your PCC was issued on July 10th 2012 so your entry date will be one year form June 20th 2012. For this reason DIAC asks not to get both of these done unless a CO has asked for it. If you get these done before a CO is allocated and it takes longer to get CO then you will be tight situation to make the first entry.
thanks buddy.
But will there be any chance that assigning time for co extend for more than three months

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks buddy.
But will there be any chance that assigning time for co extend for more than three months
Hi, I am not quite sure what did you mean by extension. You mean extension from the assigned 1 year first entry period?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Hi, I am not quite sure what did you mean by extension. You mean extension from the assigned 1 year first entry period?
not that.
I want to mean that CO allocation time may not exceed more than three months. Is it true

·
Super Moderator
3,447 Posts
not that.
I want to mean that CO allocation time may not exceed more than three months. Is it true
For a 189, it can take up to 10 weeks for a CO to be assigned. Allocation Dates for General Skilled Migration Applications

If it has been more than 10 weeks, you can contact them to see what's going on. But since your application was lodged only 4 weeks ago, I would suggest that you be patient - a CO should be assigned soon.

·
Registered
397 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts