Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I regularly read the forum as it gives me such excitement to read everyone's plans. I have asked a few questions myself as we have been exploring the best options for us in terms of visa applications.

As it happens, my partner would need another 6 months experience to qualify for a family sponsored visa in his profession, and then the processing time could be up to 3 years.

Sooo, we've decided to take the more risky option. We're heading out in June on working holiday visas (we're both just under 30), 1 to see if we actually like living there (it has been 8 years since I did the backpack trail!) and 2 to see what the employer sponsorship options are like when we get there.

I thought it may be useful to record the process and share the challenges we face, so I will post back again in the coming months as we make progress if anyone thinks it may be helpful?

By the way, first thing that may be useful is that we got flights to Sydney with BA for £330 each . That includes all taxes and ATOL protection. If you want to enquire, it is with STA travel (but fare is open to everyone), you have to go in the store rather than online. It's a sale fare, so you need to book before 27 Jan and it's for travel in May and June going to either Sydney or Melbourne. There are very few £330 fares on each flight, but quite a few £380 seats. Also, if you make an appointment with a travel advisor online you get an additional £20 off your booking - so in effect £320 - bargain!

That's it for now!

Nicky.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Hello all,

I regularly read the forum as it gives me such excitement to read everyone's plans. I have asked a few questions myself as we have been exploring the best options for us in terms of visa applications.

As it happens, my partner would need another 6 months experience to qualify for a family sponsored visa in his profession, and then the processing time could be up to 3 years.

Sooo, we've decided to take the more risky option. We're heading out in June on working holiday visas (we're both just under 30), 1 to see if we actually like living there (it has been 8 years since I did the backpack trail!) and 2 to see what the employer sponsorship options are like when we get there.

I thought it may be useful to record the process and share the challenges we face, so I will post back again in the coming months as we make progress if anyone thinks it may be helpful?

By the way, first thing that may be useful is that we got flights to Sydney with BA for £330 each . That includes all taxes and ATOL protection. If you want to enquire, it is with STA travel (but fare is open to everyone), you have to go in the store rather than online. It's a sale fare, so you need to book before 27 Jan and it's for travel in May and June going to either Sydney or Melbourne. There are very few £330 fares on each flight, but quite a few £380 seats. Also, if you make an appointment with a travel advisor online you get an additional £20 off your booking - so in effect £320 - bargain!

That's it for now!

Nicky.
wow.. what a bargain with the flights. Good luck on your adventure!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts