Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Are small dogs allowed on Public Transport in the Benidorm area ? I have never seen any when I have been there. :confused:

·
Registered
15,747 Posts
Don't know about buses, that will depend on the local bus company.

However the railway company RENFE has a national policy. Dogs up to 10kg are allowed on trains, but no more than one per passenger. On long and medium distance trains they have to be in a container, but not on local trains.

More details in English:

Travelling with Animals

·
Registered
649 Posts
Hi, Are small dogs allowed on Public Transport in the Benidorm area ? I have never seen any when I have been there. :confused:
Hi Chris,

I live in Benidorm and use buses quite frequently. I too have never seen any animals at all on buses at any time of day or night. I think there is a ban on animals.

A friend, who has a small poodle tried to bring his dog in a proper dog carrier on the bus from Alfaz del pi to Benidorm (which is only a 10 minute ride) but he was not allowed on.

Hope that helps.

Steve

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Chris,

I live in Benidorm and use buses quite frequently. I too have never seen any animals at all on buses at any time of day or night. I think there is a ban on animals.

A friend, who has a small poodle tried to bring his dog in a proper dog carrier on the bus from Alfaz del pi to Benidorm (which is only a 10 minute ride) but he was not allowed on.

Hope that helps.

Steve
Hi Steve, Thanks for your reply. I really wasn't hopeful that Dogs would be allowed on the Local Busses, because we have spent many holidays in the area, and like you we haven't seen a single dog on a Bus. Regards..... Chris

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't know about buses, that will depend on the local bus company.

However the railway company RENFE has a national policy. Dogs up to 10kg are allowed on trains, but no more than one per passenger. On long and medium distance trains they have to be in a container, but not on local trains.

More details in English:

Travelling with Animals
Hi, Thanks for the info and the Link. It looks like we can only take our small dog on Local Trains, or on Long Distance Trains in a Cage. The other reply states that we cant take Him on Local Busses. Regards Chris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts