Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

i need a little help, i will move to London in 3-4 months, i am going to London to live and work.
I'm from Portugal and i can't find good information about taking a dog to UK. I find a lot of information but when i find other posts or other forums the information is different or old.

My dog is a cross between PitBull And Dogo Argentino, i am responsible for this dog and i want to bring him with me.

So this is the information i think is correct in this moment:

If you are entering the UK from the EU or a listed non-EU country your pet must:
be identified with a microchip
have received a rabies vaccination followed by a 21 day wait
be accompanied by the relevant documentation
be treated against tapeworm (dogs only)
enter with an approved transport company on an authorised route

Yet i have one question, i saw somewhere i need to make blood tests to him to see if some vaccination made effect.

Please can someone with experience with this can help me?
I sent an email for some travel agencies but no answer yet. I know i still have some time but i dont want to miss anything and i want to have everything legal for my dog.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
Pit Bull Terrier and Dogo Argentino (and cross-breeds) are banned in UK under the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991, and unless they are exempted, they are liable for seizure and destruction. Owning an unexempted dog that comes under the Act is a criminal offence and you can be prosecuted. Getting exemption is complicated and I don't know if you can do that with a dog you try to bring in.
Read http://www.doglaw.co.uk/pitbull.php

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.