Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22,362 Posts
We have just had a rather alarming experience....

ADANA has begun sending dogs overseas for adoption. We use reputable organisations in the countries we send to and get background information before sending any dogs away.

We had what seemed a reputable enquiry from Finland for a pitbull cross we had on our website. Our background enquiries revealed however that the woman requesting the dog has been blacklisted by animal rescue organisations in Spain and Finland.

At 'best' the dogs she supposedly takes care of are not well looked after - many have died mysterious deaths in her care - at worst there is a suspicion these dogs are used in the dogfighting industry which is apparently a big money-spinner in Finland, a major supplier of dogs for fighting clubs in the UK, especially Norhern Ireland.

/SNIP/ please contact me for details

Please pass on this information to anyone you think it may concern.

Thanks,

Mary:)

·
Registered
22,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mary,

I foster for ESMA here in Egypt and they also send animals abroad, I will copy and paste your post and send it to them

Maiden
Thanks, Chris, we need to spread the word as widely as possible.

We have had negative feedback about this person/these people from all our local rescue centres who have blacklisted her/them and they are blascklisted in Finland so we need to get them stopped 100%.

I've been told today that BBC Panorama sent an undercover reporter to Finland to investigate this vile trade. The programme was shown some time ago.

The dog, Mack, that we were about to send, is really cute, so much so that our Admin/Adoptions Officer has adopted him...she now has six rescue dogs and a complaining husband...

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
We have just had a rather alarming experience....

ADANA has begun sending dogs overseas for adoption. We use reputable organisations in the countries we send to and get background information before sending any dogs away.

We had what seemed a reputable enquiry from Finland for a pitbull cross we had on our website. Our background enquiries revealed however that the woman requesting the dog has been blacklisted by animal rescue organisations in Spain and Finland.

At 'best' the dogs she supposedly takes care of are not well looked after - many have died mysterious deaths in her care - at worst there is a suspicion these dogs are used in the dogfighting industry which is apparently a big money-spinner in Finland, a major supplier of dogs for fighting clubs in the UK, especially Norhern Ireland.

/SNIP/

Please pass on this information to anyone you think it may concern.

Thanks,

Mary:)
As an animal lover myself,I would be concerned about the dogs welfare as well, if any mistreatment was proved to be correct, rather than a suspicion, but I think it would be better to post my PM any details about this woman.If posted on a public forum with her name and email address, this could be considered libellous.

·
Administrator
36,440 Posts
As an animal lover myself,I would be concerned about the dogs welfare as well, if any mistreatment was proved to be correct, rather than a suspicion, but I think it would be better to post my PM any details about this woman.If posted on a public forum with her name and email address, this could be considered libellous.
agreed - for a whole lot of reasons (including legal) we can't allow naming & shaming

so I'm about to snip the personal details from the post

if anyone wants the info they can PM mrypg

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Xabiachica, please could you also snip the details from the quote I picked up, Thank you.
I wish the original postee well protecting animal welfare,

·
Administrator
36,440 Posts
Xabiachica, please could you also snip the details from the quote I picked up, Thank you.
I wish the original postee well protecting animal welfare,
done - I usually notice things like that - must have been pre-coffee.....

yes, I wish Mary well too - & in fact would totally trust any info like this that she posts - but on the chance that it might cause problems for the forum, better that anyone who wants to know more asks by PM

·
Registered
616 Posts
I have shared the info on my Facebook (not private details but just the info) so most of my colleagues here in Spain can see this also. One friend of mine deals with Finland a lot so good for her to know :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
hi,I'm member of another forum in Spain (cavelivingforum.com) I passed on your info to El Cap Rescue Center with a few details. As yet they haven't been approached.They will also be looking into the possibility of having some of their dogs sent abroad for adoption...but I'm sure they will do their home-work,keeping your info in mind. So thanks very much from El Cap,the pups and me xx

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi I'm currently fostering a pitbull pup and she's been found a new home in finland through a rescue organisation here in Spain. I'm just really worried about who she might go to. Would someone be able to send me the blacklisted names? I don't seem to be able to PM anyone.

thanks in advance

mishy

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Hi I'm currently fostering a pitbull pup and she's been found a new home in finland through a rescue organisation here in Spain. I'm just really worried about who she might go to. Would someone be able to send me the blacklisted names? I don't seem to be able to PM anyone.

thanks in advance

mishy
Hopefully mrpg9 will come on line and be able to send you the details by PM of the woman in Finland with a dodgy reputation. Mary is very caring and loves her four legged friends, and will do all she can to protect them,:)

·
Registered
22,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

thanks in advance

mishy
I've posted your message to the Board of our rescue centre and they will provide any names they have.

I'll pm you with one name that everyone steers clear of.

·
Registered
22,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

thanks in advance

mishy
Can't pm you until you've made more posts - three I think..

·
Registered
5 Posts
She has already gone to her new home, so fingers crossed her new owners are ok. It would be great to have the list anyway as i'm involved in animal rescue. thanks again

·
Registered
22,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
She has already gone to her new home, so fingers crossed her new owners are ok. It would be great to have the list anyway as i'm involved in animal rescue. thanks again

You're welcome:)

Info sent. If I get more I'll pass it on.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts