Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
My skill assessment was done by Engineers Australia and experience approved was 3.7 years for the nominated occupation Telecommunication Engineer.

Now, I am about to move to the next level of 5.1 years in coming Nov 2017 from which my points will become 10 instead of previous 5.

Do I need to undergo Skill assessment again through Engineers Australia or I can directly claim 5 more points by updating relevant work experience in my EOI application.

Note : My nominated occupation is still the same however i am working with different organisation now!!

Please provide your valuable suggestions.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hi,
My skill assessment was done by Engineers Australia and experience approved was 3.7 years for the nominated occupation Telecommunication Engineer.

Now, I am about to move to the next level of 5.1 years in coming Nov 2017 from which my points will become 10 instead of previous 5.

Do I need to undergo Skill assessment again through Engineers Australia or I can directly claim 5 more points by updating relevant work experience in my EOI application.

Note : My nominated occupation is still the same however i am working with different organisation now!!

If you have changed your employer you will need to undergo assessment again.

Reactions: divyesh.sethi

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you have changed your employer you will need to undergo assessment again.
Thanks for the information @MohAdnan

Also, Can you please help me to know whether the whole CDR, CPD & Summary statement are again required to be provided as a new or previous one would be valid , my assessing authority is engineer's Australia.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Thanks for the information @MohAdnan

Also, Can you please help me to know whether the whole CDR, CPD & Summary statement are again required to be provided as a new or previous one would be valid , my assessing authority is engineer's Australia.
I don't have much information regarding Engineers Australia's assessment process but in my opinion you won't need to submit CDR again as this will continue from the point when you got your results (if positive). You should ask them through email about what documents are required for re-assessment.

Reactions: divyesh.sethi

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is there anyone else who is having experience/Knowledge about Re applying for skill assessment with Engineer's Australia.

Please provide your valuable inputs.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Guys,

Really need proper guidance today. I have already lodged my EOI in Apil with 70 points. When I had got my skills assessment done I had not included my article ship experience and my existing job (since I was in the process of changing to my new Job while submitting my assessment to CPA). Now I realize that if I include my articleship and current experience I am completing 5 years of work and that grants me 5 points extra taking my total claim to 75 points.

1. Do I need to get skill assessment done again with CPA for this or do I just update it in my EOI?
2. Can I first update it in my EOI and then while awaiting the invitation go thru the skill assessment again?

Regards,
Anish

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Hi Guys,

Really need proper guidance today. I have already lodged my EOI in Apil with 70 points. When I had got my skills assessment done I had not included my article ship experience and my existing job (since I was in the process of changing to my new Job while submitting my assessment to CPA). Now I realize that if I include my articleship and current experience I am completing 5 years of work and that grants me 5 points extra taking my total claim to 75 points.

1. Do I need to get skill assessment done again with CPA for this or do I just update it in my EOI?
2. Can I first update it in my EOI and then while awaiting the invitation go thru the skill assessment again?

Regards,
Anish
Get re-assessed. Do not claim points for employment which are not assessed

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Hi,

Only get the RSEA done if you want and no need for Skills Assessment again.

The only reason you can get RSEA is since you changed company. For the last company that was assessed you can claim points even after your assessment date till the day you worked. Even some people might tell you, RSEA is not even required for EA as it is optional but for your own satisfaction and security, you can get it done.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts