Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen many messages on here from people referring to the email they received when UKBA NYC had assigned their application to an ECO. My question is has anyone ever heard if this NOT happening or if one has not received an email yet should one assume the application hasn't been opened yet. I know things are going slowly over there so....

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I have seen many messages on here from people referring to the email they received when UKBA NYC had assigned their application to an ECO. My question is has anyone ever heard if this NOT happening or if one has not received an email yet should one assume the application hasn't been opened yet. I know things are going slowly over there so....
No, not always. In our case, we only received that email a couple of hours before they emailed to say our visa had been issued (yet we knew they'd received our paperwork the previous day - back in the days when they were turning around priority visas in 2 days flat last year). Some people never receive that email for some reason, so try not to worry too much.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
In mine, I got the '...your application has been opened and organised...', then nothing until I got the '...your visa has been issued...'.

They don't always let you know your app has been assigned to an ECO.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Very true. We didn't receive an email about an ECO at all. The first we heard was the point at which we began to worry, knowing the usual time limit at that time was nearly up yet they hadn't even confirmed receipt.

·
Registered
258 Posts
We went for priority service for my wife's application in the USA and we received opening package email 2 days after they received our application and within a few hours message that her UK visa has been issued.

·
Registered
39,085 Posts
They do aim to send regular email updates about your application, but unfortunately it doesn't always happen because of the sheer volume of work, as reflected in lengthening processing time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.