Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
I was in australia for 1.5 months for financial year 2013-2014. Then returned back to home country. I have got all returns filed for previous financial years but not sure about 2013-2014 as I was back for most of the year (I am getting this checked with a tax agent there). Although tax was deducted from my salry itself, I wanted to check that not filing return would have any impact on the Australian police check and PR processing? I can file return now as well if mandatory for these processes or can file it later after I get my PR.
Thanks.

·
Registered
23,871 Posts
Hi Guys,
I was in australia for 1.5 months for financial year 2013-2014. Then returned back to home country. I have got all returns filed for previous financial years but not sure about 2013-2014 as I was back for most of the year (I am getting this checked with a tax agent there). Although tax was deducted from my salry itself, I wanted to check that not filing return would have any impact on the Australian police check and PR processing? I can file return now as well if mandatory for these processes or can file it later after I get my PR.
Thanks.
You can never be sure what all background checks the CO will run on you.
I would not be surprised if they maybe contacting ATO Also

The sooner you sort out the pending taxation matters, better for you.
Once you are aware, a matter is pending, better to close the issue ASAP

Final decision is yours

Cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts