Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am applying for visa 189/190. As I am primary applicant, I want to confirm if my wife needs to take PTE/IELTS test as I am adding her in my application.

I have read on DIBP website that a letter can be provided if higher education(2+ years) was completed in English language.

On the other hand, have heard that providing letter is not valid and spouse needs to go through PTE.

Can anyone please help on this?

Thanks,
Rohit

·
Registered
356 Posts
Hi,

I am applying for visa 189/190. As I am primary applicant, I want to confirm if my wife needs to take PTE/IELTS test as I am adding her in my application.

I have read on DIBP website that a letter can be provided if higher education(2+ years) was completed in English language.

On the other hand, have heard that providing letter is not valid and spouse needs to go through PTE.

Can anyone please help on this?

Thanks,
Rohit

Are you claiming partner points?

If you are claiming partner points, You have to prove that she has atleast Competent English. For that she has to take IELTS/PTE and achieve the band of 6+ in each section.

If you are not claiming partner points, You have to prove that she has atleast functional English. For that she can take IELTS/PTE and achieve the overall band score of 5+ or letter from the university that says she studied all the subjects in English. If you can't prove that she has Functional English you have to pay additional Visa Fees of AUD $4885.

Reactions: rohit.bhardwaj24

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you claiming partner points?

If you are claiming partner points, You have to prove that she has atleast Competent English. For that she has to take IELTS/PTE and achieve the band of 6+ in each section.

If you are not claiming partner points, You have to prove that she has atleast functional English. For that she can take IELTS/PTE and achieve the overall band score of 5+ or letter from the university that says she studied all the subjects in English. If you can't prove that she has Functional English you have to pay additional Visa Fees of AUD $4885.

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I am claiming my partner's points, getting ACS done. I din't have an idea of Functional and Competent so got it cleared now... So will get the PTE done then.. THANK YOU!! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts