Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife is in the US and will join me soon at her new residence in the UK. She's planning to notify people of her new address (her bank for example), and some mail is likely to arrive with her old surname.

Will this cause any problems with mail delivery in the UK? I've assumed that they only go by address when delivering, but I thought I'd check incase someone's had a different experience.

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
My wife is in the US and will join me soon at her new residence in the UK. She's planning to notify people of her new address (her bank for example), and some mail is likely to arrive with her old surname.

Will this cause any problems with mail delivery in the UK? I've assumed that they only go by address when delivering, but I thought I'd check incase someone's had a different experience.
The name doesnt matter, its the address and post code

Jo xxx

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you very much Jojo, Mamasue and AnAmericanInScotland for your messages!

Indeed, I was somewhat sure that was how it worked with the mail, but my wife needed more assurance, so I'll point her towards your posts!

(And a special thanks to Joppa for the advice you've given over the past several months. As you can see, our spouse visa application went through!)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.