Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have got invite in the 23rd aug round(189). I have not lodged the visa.Now, I am in the process of preparing the docs.My wife is primary applicant and we have claimed the partner points as well.
we married 6 months ago(feb, 2017), and we had marriage certificate as well. We have not updated the spouse details in our passports. Does it mandatory to have spouse details?. I have booked the slot for PCC this month 31st and yesterday created the HAP ids(for medicals) for both.

Does it mandatory to have spouse details in our passport?. If change details means we will have new passport with new numbers. Yesterday, I have created the immiaccount and created the HAP ids with the current passport details.

could anyone please suggest.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I have got invite in the 23rd aug round(189). I have not lodged the visa.Now, I am in the process of preparing the docs.My wife is primary applicant and we have claimed the partner points as well.
we married 6 months ago(feb, 2017), and we had marriage certificate as well. We have not updated the spouse details in our passports. Does it mandatory to have spouse details?. I have booked the slot for PCC this month 31st and yesterday created the HAP ids(for medicals) for both.

Does it mandatory to have spouse details in our passport?. If change details means we will have new passport with new numbers. Yesterday, I have created the immiaccount and created the HAP ids with the current passport details.

could anyone please suggest.
Nope. I dont have and few of my friends got grant no spouse details in passport.
When you go for PCC they will give you for single only not married. But the difference between married and single PCC is nothing but D/o or S/o will be there instead of W/o or H/o. This does not affect anyway

They will never mention about marital status in PCC

·
Registered
458 Posts
One more thing, even though you have marriage certificate, it will be considered only if it is above 1 year old. So please gather other documents for Proof of Relationship as CO might ask for it

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nope. I dont have and few of my friends got grant no spouse details in passport.
When you go for PCC they will give you for single only not married. But the difference between married and single PCC is nothing but D/o or S/o will be there instead of W/o or H/o. This does not affect anyway

They will never mention about marital status in PCC
Here my wife is claiming points for partner(Me) as well. Can we lodge visa without having spouse details in passports?.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Here my wife is claiming points for partner(Me) as well. Can we lodge visa without having spouse details in passports?.
Whether you are secondary applicant or vice versa, it is not mandatory for spouse details in passport

·
Registered
23,869 Posts
Not Having spouse name in passport does not affect your claim for points

Having the name in each other passport helps in proving geniuine relationship

Cheers

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
One more thing, even though you have marriage certificate, it will be considered only if it is above 1 year old. So please gather other documents for Proof of Relationship as CO might ask for it
Could you suggest me some other docs?. Am thinking adding spouse name as nominee in EPF account and same for bank accounts and LIC docs.

·
Registered
23,869 Posts
Could you suggest me some other docs?. Am thinking adding spouse name as nominee in EPF account and same for bank accounts and LIC docs.
Just adding spouse as nominee in bank or EPF will not be enough

The following documents will really help

Joint bank accounts
Joint credit cards statements
Joint property
Joint holiday proofs by way of air tickets, hotel bills etc.
Joint rental agreements
Joint utility bills
Landlord and neighbors statement confirming that you are living together
Marriage cards, photos

The list is endless and nothing is a must

Add and delete as per your circumstances

Cheers

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just adding spouse as nominee in bank or EPF will not be enough

The following documents will really help

Joint bank accounts
Joint credit cards statements
Joint property
Joint holiday proofs by way of air tickets, hotel bills etc.
Joint rental agreements
Joint utility bills
Landlord and neighbors statement confirming that you are living together
Marriage cards, photos

The list is endless and nothing is a must

Add and delete as per your circumstances

Cheers
Thank you so much. Can we submit marriage cards or photos and any of above docs If I had while lodging visa itself?. or should we wait until CO asks?.

·
Registered
23,869 Posts
Thank you so much. Can we submit marriage cards or photos and any of above docs If I had while lodging visa itself?. or should we wait until CO asks?.
You should submit all the relationship evidence under the spouse name when uploading the documents

I don't think you should wait for the CO to ask
It's a very basic requirement
The spouse has a separate limit of 60 documents

Cheers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts