Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I've a passeport talent entreprise innovante issued December '17, valid until December '21. Since June '20 I'm looking for a job, registered with Pôle Emploi and planning to have a auto/micro-entrepreneur soon - intended towards tutoring. I'm currently tutoring a 4 students online, so the earning at present isn't much, but I hope to grow it with time. I'm also looking for a regular job (and apparently I can do any job with my passeport talent, since 2 years have been over - already have a lawyer's letter for it).

My question is: in the worst case scenario, if I'm unable to secure a job by October 2021, roughly the time I intend to submit my application for passeport talent renewal, but have some more success with my auto-entrepreneur work, then will I be able to extend my carte séjour? If not, is there any other way to extend it? Thank you!

·
Registered
459 Posts
van_suso -- I have no real world experience with this, but since no one has answered yet, I'll give it a whirl. From my readings, including this forum, generally at renewal time you have to meet the same requirements that you had to meet for your initial permit, regardless of what type of resident permit you are on. If you no longer meet those requirements or didn't meet the stated requirements for the permit, you are at risk off not being renewed (including the Passeport Talent.) Fortunately for you, there are many flavors of the Passeport Talent (which, as I understand it, is the only resident permit that you can apply for in France,) so if you can no longer meet the requirements for your current Passeport Talent -- you may want to endeavor trying to meet one of the others. For instance, if you have designs on starting your own company, you may want to apply for the "Passeport Talent -- Createur d'Enterprise." Cheers, 255

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.