Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have expressed interest for Skilled Independent PR (subclass 189) under section 221111 accountant general and waiting for invitation to apply.
I completed Bcom in May 2008. My BCom is considered as equivalent to Australian Bachelor’s degree by ICAA.

Post Bcom, I had worked as audit assistant from June 2008 to July 2010 (required as part of article-ship for my Chartered Accountancy) and was pursing accounting & audit activities. After completing this, I was working as a Senior Audit assistant from August 2010 to April 2011.

During this period, I was working for 35 hours per week and drawing regular remuneration.

My question is can I claim this post-graduation experience, considering the fact that I was working on a full-time basis and drawing regular salary.

If yes I will submit a review form to ICAA to reconsider my article ship exp (post graduation)

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have expressed interest for Skilled Independent PR (subclass 189) under section 221111 accountant general and waiting for invitation to apply.
I completed Bcom in May 2008. My BCom is considered as equivalent to Australian Bachelor’s degree by ICAA.

Post Bcom, I had worked as audit assistant from June 2008 to July 2010 (required as part of article-ship for my Chartered Accountancy) and was pursing accounting & audit activities. After completing this, I was working as a Senior Audit assistant from August 2010 to April 2011.

During this period, I was working for 35 hours per week and drawing regular remuneration.

My question is can I claim this post-graduation experience, considering the fact that I was working on a full-time basis and drawing regular salary.

If yes I will submit a review form to ICAA to reconsider my article ship exp (post graduation)
Hi,

I have few more questions before I could advise you;

1) Have you completed inter or CA?
2) If not, then have you told ICAA about your CA articleship and its status?
3) Have you claimed this employment experience along with skill assessment and what was the outcome?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi

I completed CA. I informed ICAA abt my articleship while submitting application for skills assessment but at that point of time could not submit any document as proof.

Now I have the necessary documents that I can submit. I would like to know if DIBP would consider this as I have pursued this after B.COM. based on this I will submit a review application to ICAA

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi

I completed CA. I informed ICAA abt my articleship while submitting application for skills assessment but at that point of time could not submit any document as proof.

Now I have the necessary documents that I can submit. I would like to know if DIBP would consider this as I have pursued this after B.COM. based on this I will submit a review application to ICAA
Hi,

I think you can review your application as it will give you precious 5 points. Use the term Paid Internship.

Although ICAA and CPA does not provide guideline in case of Internship/Articleship but ACS has specific guidelines which are

"Internships may be considered if the work is paid and at a suitable professional level.
Work expressed to be at a trainee or junior level is not normally considered unless a qualification has already been awarded as foundation for the skills needed to perform the duties".

I will suggest you to go ahead with review as your article-ship experience was after approved qualification which may go in your favor.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I completed Bcom in May 2008. My BCom is considered as equivalent to Australian Bachelor?s degree by ICAA.

Hello There,

I hope you're doing really great at your end. I'm also facing the same issue now and thought to ask if they considered your articleship experience?

Thanks in advance

1 - 5 of 5 Posts