Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I,ve just recently moved to south of Spain, Is there any networking events that you know if in the area so I could meet friends and other professionals

Rachel x

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
Hi
I,ve just recently moved to south of Spain, Is there any networking events that you know if in the area so I could meet friends and other professionals

Rachel x

Hiya, I've moved you to the "Spain Forum" so that you get more responses. I know that a chap on here called "SteveHall" is into networking, new arrivals, events and stuff. I'm sure he'll be along to chat at some point. Anyway, nice to meet you, have a look around the forum and get to know us all

Jo xx

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Hi

Rachel x
Hi and welcome Rachel

There are (or used to be ???) a few professional networking groups in the Marbella area specifically for english speakers.

Although I live in Estepona I work in Malaga City so Im a little out of touch with which ones still exist given the reduction in the expat workforce of late!

Ill come back to you on this, I used to have contact details for Women in Business in Marbella, and a few others.

May I ask what line of business you are in ? are you looking for anything specific or just in general terms ?

Sue :ranger:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi and welcome Rachel

There are (or used to be ???) a few professional networking groups in the Marbella area specifically for english speakers.

Although I live in Estepona I work in Malaga City so Im a little out of touch with which ones still exist given the reduction in the expat workforce of late!

Ill come back to you on this, I used to have contact details for Women in Business in Marbella, and a few others.

May I ask what line of business you are in ? are you looking for anything specific or just in general terms ?

Sue :ranger:
Hi Sue

I'm a personal Trainer, looking for new exciting clients!! so if you have any questions you want to know about fitness or nutrition just ask!
:boxing:

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
Hi Sue

I'm a personal Trainer, looking for new exciting clients!! so if you have any questions you want to know about fitness or nutrition just ask!
:boxing:
We've a chap who's just started posting on here and recently moved to Estapona, and his partners a personal trainer... are you his??????? Or is that just a coincidence?? :D

Jo xxx

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We've a chap who's just started posting on here and recently moved to Estapona, and his partners a personal trainer... are you his??????? Or is that just a coincidence?? :D

Jo xxx
Yes Daren is my partner, he gained all those muscles through my good help!!!..

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Unfortunately Rachel I decided many years ago to follow my own "life plan" and grow old discracefully!

I still think for 47 Im wearing well ... lol ... but I love chocolate, baking, my sofa too much! In addition Ive never quite liked the lycra look! lol

Best of luck and I will let you know if I find anything that may be of interest!

Sue :)

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
Yes Daren is my partner, he gained all those muscles through my good help!!!..

Ah right!! Yes we had a bit of a chat on another post, about diet etc. I'm not an active person I'm afraid and I'm too old to change my bad ways now. But there maybe folk on here who are more that way inclined.

What you could do is hire a room in a hotel on the costa and see if you can encourage expats or winter holiday makers to have a few keep fit sessions. I know you probably do personal, one to one stuff, but its a start???????

Jo xxx

·
Registered
348 Posts
Ah right!! Yes we had a bit of a chat on another post, about diet etc. I'm not an active person I'm afraid and I'm too old to change my bad ways now. But there maybe folk on here who are more that way inclined.

What you could do is hire a room in a hotel on the costa and see if you can encourage expats or winter holiday makers to have a few keep fit sessions. I know you probably do personal, one to one stuff, but its a start???????

Jo xxx
Let me know the hotel and room number.....press ups ???;):D:cool::eyebrows:

·
Registered
22,399 Posts
I used to be a fitness fanatic -up at 6.00 a.m. to cycle to the gym for workout and swim, step aerobics or gym every night and weekends and I got super-fit. Then I got tied up with a demanding work situation and stopped abruptly. All that muscle turned to flab.I put on over two stones. Horrible.
I'd love to get half-way fit again but the sessions would have to be gentle to begin with as I am older, lazy and getting decrepit.
Alas:(
I used to play squash, past that now as I can't see and can't shift myself fast enough but I've often wondered if there are any tennis clubs for geriatric old souls like me in the Marbella/Estepona area..

·
Registered
348 Posts
Unfortunately Rachel I decided many years ago to follow my own "life plan" and grow old discracefully!

I still think for 47 Im wearing well ... lol ... but I love chocolate, baking, my sofa too much! In addition Ive never quite liked the lycra look! lol

Best of luck and I will let you know if I find anything that may be of interest!

Sue :)

Aaaahhhh....the lycra look...now your talking:evil::laugh:

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Aaaahhhh....the lycra look...now your talking:evil::laugh:
It was never suitable for any body shape in my opinion!!! and dont get me going about those stupid lycra cycling shorts that seem to be in vogue at the moment ... all that padding in those strategic areas makes the male cyclist look like he´s got a disposable nappy on! NOT A GOOD LOOK !!! PLEASE !!! :D

·
Registered
348 Posts
It was never suitable for any body shape in my opinion!!! and dont get me going about those stupid lycra cycling shorts that seem to be in vogue at the moment ... all that padding in those strategic areas makes the male cyclist look like he´s got a disposable nappy on! NOT A GOOD LOOK !!! PLEASE !!! :D
Mrs H intended to reply to this..but she's darning the hole in the knee of her swimming costume. Anybody got any green wool ??

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Of course! its our job!!!! Sue

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi Everyone is there any English weekly correspondance in these areas or monthly magazines, because we have a monthly magazine in Cyprus called Grapevine and I thought they maybe have something similar in Marbella-Estepona-Sotogrande areas??

Cheers

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Hi Everyone is there any English weekly correspondance in these areas or monthly magazines, because we have a monthly magazine in Cyprus called Grapevine and I thought they maybe have something similar in Marbella-Estepona-Sotogrande areas??

Cheers
Hi Jo1990 ... Im sure there are but Im not familiar with any specific networking mag in that area at the moment.

Are you suggesting it as a help to our original poster, or looking for something yourself ...?

Sue :plane:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi Jo1990 ... Im sure there are but Im not familiar with any specific networking mag in that area at the moment.

Are you suggesting it as a help to our original poster, or looking for something yourself ...?

Sue :plane:

Hi Sue

I'm after my uncle who I think lives in Marbella, just wanted to get hold of him because of family reasons and wanted to put a ad in that paper or mag, I only had his email address but it doesn't seem to work anymore

Cheers

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.