Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello There,
I was told that ACS reduces my total experience, thus if for example I have in total 9 years of experience, so after I approve my profession, I would stay with 7 years for the second phase (points gaining) - so I will get points only for 7 years and not for 9 years..
Is this correct?
Can someone refer me to the source, if there are?
Thanks

·
Registered
211 Posts
It is true that ACS will deduct a minimum of 2 years will be deducted no matter wat. The rest depends on your educational qualification. I have a bachelor of engineering in Information Technology yet they deducted 3 years from my total experience.

·
Registered
68 Posts
It is true that ACS will deduct a minimum of 2 years will be deducted no matter wat. The rest depends on your educational qualification. I have a bachelor of engineering in Information Technology yet they deducted 3 years from my total experience.
hi
I have applied for assessment to ACS for 8years experience on 13 October 13. Completed my graduation in computer science. But now I am worried about the new declaration from ACS.

News & Updates | Australian Computer Society

• You complete a Bachelor in Jan 2008 and you have 4 years of work experience from Jan 2008 until Jan 2012.
• 2 years of work experience will be used to satisfy the suitability criteria and your Skill Level Requirement Met Date will be Jan 2010.
• All suitable work experience completed after Jan 2010 will be considered “Skilled Employment” and eligible for the skilled migration points test.
• The 2 years of work experience used to satisfy the suitability criteria is NOT eligible for the skilled migration points test.

Does it mean that if I meet the relevant experience requirement still they will deduct 2 yrs from my experience?

Waiting for your valuable advice. In case of 2 yrs exp deduction I will send the request to ACS to assess my experience on system admin instead of Computer Network and Systems Engineer.

·
Registered
211 Posts
It doesn't matter what occupation you apply for, 2 years will be deducted. In case you have 5+ years of experience after deduction, you should go ahead with EOI as you will be able to claim 10 points with 5+ years of experience.

·
Registered
68 Posts
It doesn't matter what occupation you apply for, 2 years will be deducted. In case you have 5+ years of experience after deduction, you should go ahead with EOI as you will be able to claim 10 points with 5+ years of experience.
thanks for your prompt response. do u have any idea why they have made that stupid changes? i was applied for 8 yrs exp to claim 15 points.

i have sent the requested mail to ACS to change the ANZSCO code. nt so sure whether they will access my exp in new ANZSCO code.

·
Registered
211 Posts
You are welcome mate.

I guess they wanted to reduce the number of immigrants. I can't find another logical reason for the deductions.

Hmmmm.. I think you have to wait for another 100 days if you need to assess your experience in another ANZSCO code.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts