Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All,

I recently uploaded some of the documents on my immiaccount. Although, i already uploaded them and getting advise now would be of little help. But, i would like to know, can we upload same document multiple times to provide evidence.

For example, i uploaded my passport under "travel document" and again uploaded it under "Birth or Age, Evidence of". Also, marriage certificate as "Relationship - Spouse, De facto Partner, Evidence of" and "Birth or Age, Evidence of".

Is this a correct practice?

·
Registered
973 Posts
on Papers it is not a correct practice but most people would do it. For birth certificate they will accept passport also so no harm uploading passport in both birth certificate and travel document.
though I am not pretty sure about how much will they accept marriage certificate as a proof of birth certificate.
I guess you should try to update the 10th marksheet or school leaving certificate also.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the reply.

Well the reason i put marriage certificate as an evidence for age is that when i clicked on "attach document" next to Birth or Age, Evidence of, there was a dropdown menu with the list of documents which can be added as age evidence. Marriage certificate was one of them.

Surprisingly, 10th grade marksheet is not in the list but I;ve seen people providing it as an evidence. I will do that too. Thanks

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
You do not need to upload the same document more than once. DIBP will see all your attachments and use them across multiple criteria.

Reactions: SqOats

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Maggie

I see, i will avoid it while uploading remaining documents.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts