Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

The question is related to all the documents need for WES ECA.
I have Bachelors & Masters Degree from India. I want to know what all the documents that I should send to WES ECA.

for Masters I have (Degree Certificate + Grade sheet)
for 4 year Bachelor degree I have(Degree certificate + Consolidated marks sheet for 4 years + Marks sheet for each semester)

Do I need to send my 10th & 12th standard certificates also?
Can any one help me with the list of documents I need to send for assessment.

I am planning to apply for assessment. Is there any consultancy or service available in India(Bangalore/Hyderabad) to help only the assessment process?

·
Super Moderator
5,183 Posts
Have you contacted WES to see what they need you to send to them?

They'd be the first place I'd inquire and not some anonymous message board on the internet.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Guru, In your case only Degree and Postgrad should do, dont bother about 10th and 12th,

Get to university, get them verified along with WES form, send it via DHL and you should get your WES in 20 days time.
Mine came in 15 days. I had sent only degree and post grad. Last evening I got an email on the same.

Good luck

Reactions: hephzibah

·
Registered
71 Posts
Guru, In your case only Degree and Postgrad should do, dont bother about 10th and 12th,

Get to university, get them verified along with WES form, send it via DHL and you should get your WES in 20 days time.
Mine came in 15 days. I had sent only degree and post grad. Last evening I got an email on the same.

Good luck
Dreamsanj,

That's fab... could you / moderator help clarifying below queries:

1) I know that WES doesn't ask for your Bachelors documents if you are providing your masters degree for verification but does CIC require both to be assessed? WES site tells you need to check with CIC on their requirements but I'm not able to spot this info on their page.

2) I did my masters (MBA) in US & already have my transcript in a sealed envelope but I guess the sealed envelope should also contain the WES "Transcript Request form" in it. What are my options? Can I just put the sealed transcript and the request form in another envelope and send it to WES? Appreciate your steer.

3) Silly question but just trying to get it straight - since we (myself & my wife) both want to get the ECA done, can we club it in one application or do we need to get this done separately (IE: two different reference nos)? Also, how do I mention the ECA outcome in the CIC Express entry application (me being primary applicant and wanting to include my wife's education assessment in my application or vice versa)?

4) When submitting the ECA assessment in express entry application, do we need to have the scanned hard copy of the WES letter or just their email is enough?

Apologies for the big queries but I am relying on you experts for a clear picture. TIA

Reactions: hephzibah

·
Super Moderator
5,183 Posts
I'd send in both the BA and MA, just to be on the safe side.

While I think that your American MBA will probably pass muster, I'm not so certain about a non-Canadian/non-US based Bachelor's degree, so I'd send it in as well.

2) This is exactly what I would do if I were in your situation. It's more important that the University's envelope remain untouched and since you don't know if the WES form is in there or not, it wouldn't hurt to include a second copy of the request form with a Post-It note saying that you aren't sure if the university included it in their envelope or not. If the university did include the form in their envelope, WES will just put the second one into the recycling bin... no harm, no foul.

3) Perhaps inquire with CIC? They can give you a definitive answer... logic would dictate that what you propose to do is totally fine, but considering that you're dealing with a federal government department (and the Canadian government, at that), logic doesn't necessarily follow.

4) See previous response.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Dreamsanj,

That's fab... could you / moderator help clarifying below queries:

1) I know that WES doesn't ask for your Bachelors documents if you are providing your masters degree for verification but does CIC require both to be assessed? WES site tells you need to check with CIC on their requirements but I'm not able to spot this info on their page.

2) I did my masters (MBA) in US & already have my transcript in a sealed envelope but I guess the sealed envelope should also contain the WES "Transcript Request form" in it. What are my options? Can I just put the sealed transcript and the request form in another envelope and send it to WES? Appreciate your steer.

3) Silly question but just trying to get it straight - since we (myself & my wife) both want to get the ECA done, can we club it in one application or do we need to get this done separately (IE: two different reference nos)? Also, how do I mention the ECA outcome in the CIC Express entry application (me being primary applicant and wanting to include my wife's education assessment in my application or vice versa)?

4) When submitting the ECA assessment in express entry application, do we need to have the scanned hard copy of the WES letter or just their email is enough?

Apologies for the big queries but I am relying on you experts for a clear picture. TIA
HI Guru,

I am sorry for the delay, I was in different zone of zombie land ( my application was found ineligible)

Well As the Moderator has given you some definitive answers on some points. I can clarify on only few as I have no knowledge on other points.

for your question on you and your spouse's WES, you have to get them separate. two Reference numbers. (oh Yes, I am afraid you might have to pay fees two times). Because the WES ECA letter will have one applicants education details only. But You can club the applications and send them together. I recommend DHL as Indian POST took way too long time reach and i was anxious with lot of emails exchanged among us.

About the WES scanned copy, I dont think its necessary, while filling the application in MYCIC account it never asked about the WES copy. we need to type in the WES reference number and they would have got that already.

About you or your wife being primary. I have no clue. since I am applying alone I never researched about it. I would urge you to do some more research in the blog who might be in same boat like yours. May be they would give you clear picture.

Take care and Happy weekend

·
Registered
71 Posts
HI Guru,

I am sorry for the delay, I was in different zone of zombie land ( my application was found ineligible)

Well As the Moderator has given you some definitive answers on some points. I can clarify on only few as I have no knowledge on other points.

for your question on you and your spouse's WES, you have to get them separate. two Reference numbers. (oh Yes, I am afraid you might have to pay fees two times). Because the WES ECA letter will have one applicants education details only. But You can club the applications and send them together. I recommend DHL as Indian POST took way too long time reach and i was anxious with lot of emails exchanged among us.

About the WES scanned copy, I dont think its necessary, while filling the application in MYCIC account it never asked about the WES copy. we need to type in the WES reference number and they would have got that already.

About you or your wife being primary. I have no clue. since I am applying alone I never researched about it. I would urge you to do some more research in the blog who might be in same boat like yours. May be they would give you clear picture.

Take care and Happy weekend
Thanks Dreamsanj, very useful indeed.
What's your current status, all the best anyway. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Advise Needed on Transcript Evaluation-WES

Hi All,

I need some advise on the Transcript Evaluation process for Canadian Visa Application.

Do we just need to get our Masters Degree Evaluated by WES or the Bachelor's is also mandatory.

Waiting for a response.

Thanks

Rahul

·
Registered
13 Posts
From WES site

"All documents listed below are required.

If you are submitting a M.A., M.Sc., M.Com., or PGDip for evaluation, WES requires that you provide your Bachelor’s degree documents, otherwise WES cannot complete the evaluation.
This rule applies ONLY to the M.A, M.Sc, M.Com. & PGDip."

·
Registered
570 Posts
Thanks Dreamsanj, very useful indeed.
What's your current status, all the best anyway. :)
I have applied for MY CIC application. first it got rejected. my mistakes. then I corrected and re applied. its been accepted. now searching job as points are very less.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have applied for MY CIC application. first it got rejected. my mistakes. then I corrected and re applied. its been accepted. now searching job as points are very less.
how much time do we get to search for job? Is it 1 year?
do we have to resubmit application after getting job?

·
Registered
71 Posts
I can understand you were in zombie land.. mind sharing the errors & it was corrected and your points? I'd understand if you hesitate, no worries but good to share across the forum for current / future readers.

The points tally seem to be fluctuating like a stock market everytime they have a draw from the pool. someone with a job offer & the points requirement soars and vice versa. Also, there's no exact method on computing the CRS I believe, we can only get a ball park number. am I right in my understanding?

·
Registered
71 Posts
how much time do we get to search for job? Is it 1 year?
do we have to resubmit application after getting job?
Girish979,

Sharing what I know but like our Mods say, best source would be to go through the sites (WES, CIC). I'm yet to hear from them on the queries I had sent regarding getting the bachelors degree assessed mandatorily, especially from CIC's perspective. Maybe you should also contact them and try your luck.

I'm yet to get the assessment done too (planning to get for myself & my wife also for the additional points but I have to check if both education & IELTS are required for the additional points or whether either one alone is enough to get the additional points (ie: education alone and no ielts or vice versa).
I'd be interested to know too if there are consultants who can just do the assessment alone - I contacted a person who quoted an extreme fee that I thought I can book a return flight at that cost. Where are you btw? you said B'lore / Hyderabad but not sure where exactly you are.

Your application will sit in the pool for a period of 1 year and you can search for jobs during this time. After 1 year, you can renew it (there's no fee for this).

"do we have to resubmit application after getting job" - Not sure but I'd more recline towards a no. Once you get a job, your CRS adds up by 600 & your chances of getting a ITA is very high, if not certain.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Well DM2,

Yes I am back from Zombiee land.. I resubmitted the documents and it went through this time without any issue.

My big guess as to why it did not go through 1st time would be about the funds requirement. But Dont really know. nothing in my application change in 10 days. but 2nd time I am found eligible and I got JOB BANK link.

guess It was not my day on first time.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Well DM2,

Yes I am back from Zombiee land.. I resubmitted the documents and it went through this time without any issue.

My big guess as to why it did not go through 1st time would be about the funds requirement. But Dont really know. nothing in my application change in 10 days. but 2nd time I am found eligible and I got JOB BANK link.

guess It was not my day on first time.
I can imagine, does happen.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hey I have done my master degree in business administration(MBA). do I need to send my graduation degree for evaluations also. Or only MBA degree would do?

·
Registered
570 Posts
Hey I have done my master degree in business administration(MBA). do I need to send my graduation degree for evaluations also. Or only MBA degree would do?
JAG

Send in both, you need not pay separate money for them. Only pain in butt would be to travel to 2 universities if the both are different.

declare both in your WES application form, take 2 forms and get them verified by your university and send it over.

I have MBA and BSc, I got both done at same cost

·
Registered
56 Posts
Exactly.... one is in punjab and the other one is in bangalore ...but is it mandatory or good practice? What if I get only highest degree certified?

·
Registered
570 Posts
Well its your call. I have not seen any of my friends not getting their graduations attested. everyone did it. hence I suggested that. but if you are travel challenged.. then write to WES and ask them if they need only Post grad

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Friends,

I am a graduate from India and now have to send my docs to WES. Do I have to send my Inter & SSC cert. also for accreditation?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.