Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello experienced travellers and expats,

I'm seeking your advice. I'm thinking of renting an apartment in the Canary Islands (I don't know which island and city yet) long term and I'd like to ask you which documents (apart from the usual ID ones) are required for this. Such as proof of income, bank statements, recommendations from your bank or previous landlords etc. I'm an EU national (Czech Republic) but have never lived in Spain or its territories.

If a proof of income or bank statement is needed, what percentage of your income can your rent be? For instance, if your monthly income is let's say €1000, can you rent an €800 apartment? A €500 one? Or just a €300 one?

Thank you very much for your answers.

·
Administrator
36,512 Posts
Hello experienced travellers and expats,

I'm seeking your advice. I'm thinking of renting an apartment in the Canary Islands (I don't know which island and city yet) long term and I'd like to ask you which documents (apart from the usual ID ones) are required for this. Such as proof of income, bank statements, recommendations from your bank or previous landlords etc. I'm an EU national (Czech Republic) but have never lived in Spain or its territories.

If a proof of income or bank statement is needed, what percentage of your income can your rent be? For instance, if your monthly income is let's say €1000, can you rent an €800 apartment? A €500 one? Or just a €300 one?

Thank you very much for your answers.

:welcome:

not for renting - many/most landlords are only interested in you paying the deposit & paying the rent every month - they won't ask to see bank statements - just ID

but to register as resident, as the govt requires you to do if you're here more than 3 months, you will need to show proof of funds/income - they aren't interested in what you are spending though - only what you have coming in & whether it's more than 'subsistence level' . Most offices want to see an income around 625€ a month, or a balance of about 6000€

you would also need to show proof of healthcare provision

1 - 2 of 2 Posts