Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am from India.

My family got the NZ Skilled Migrant Category(SMC) visa approved in November 2016. We have planned to come to NZ for first entry in September 2017, i.e next month and return back to India within 3 days. The sole intention of this 3 day visit is to make the first entry.

As my daughter's academic year gets completed in February 2018, we would like to completely shift to Auckland in the last week of February 2018.

For this 3 day visit toward first entry, apart from having Valid Visa & Valid passport Can you please suggest us what are the other important documents we need to carry with us when we come there ?

Thanks and Regards
SaiSudha

·
Super Moderator
4,929 Posts
You only need a passport and a valid entry visa per person. You don't need anything else other than your driving license if you wish to drive over those 3 days and sufficient funds.

This is unlikely, but if your visa is an electronic e-visa (i.e. not a sticker in your passport) then you'd be best to also bring the visa approval letter/email or a print out of your successful visa application from the Immigration website so you have something to show customs at the border.

Make sure you complete the passenger arrival card properly and make sure you attend the correct customs desk at the immigration border - i.e. the one for NZ Residents, Permanent Residents and Citizens.

Reactions: janadhakshin

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a lot EscapedTonz for the reply. We have got the Visa sticker in our Passports. Definitely, we will carry sufficient funds for these 3 days stay, Hotel Booking Confirmation as well as Return Air Ticket copies. As per your suggestion, we will fill the passenger arrival card properly. Thank you once again.

Thanks and Regards
SaiSudha

1 - 3 of 3 Posts