Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there

I'm really new to Dubai and I'm in the midst of the most infuriating bureaucracy I've ever experienced and would love some tips / advice / pointers!

Long story short we moved here 5 months ago bc my husband got a job here. I'm now looking to go back to work and have secured a position *BUT* said position won't let me be sponsored on my husband's visa, they said the DIFC requires I have my own visa.

In order for me to get my own visa they want various docs attested by the UAE Embassy in London - and apparently it cannot be done in the UAE even though I have the docs (unattested) with me and have no plans to return to the UK at present. Is this true? That there is no procedure that can be undertaken from here?

Also, I've heard that I can hire an agent here who will do the whole process back in the UK. Has anyone used an agent, or know of one that is good to use?

I'm in deep dodo as I can't start work until this has all be done, and I have just found out the docs need to go to the FCO first... so who knows how long this is all going to take!

Thanks LOTS and LOTS in advance!!

·
Registered
4,052 Posts

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Can you use a friend or family in the UK? Courier your docs and the application forms to them.
Ask your friend to post your docs to the FCO, and include a sae and application form/fees for the UAE Embassy. The FCO will stamp your docs and forward them onto the UAE Embassy for you. The Embassy will then post to an address in the UK if you also include a sae for them.
Your friend/family can then courier back to you in Dubai.
Whole process should take 2 weeks max.
All details and forms are on both websites. Cant remember but I am sure you can pay by putting your credit card details on the forms, if not you will have to ask friend to include a cheque.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts