Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Members,

I was hoping if you could clarify my confusion regarding the documents I am collecting for my Visa application (190).

For my previous jobs I have experience letters which I received at the time of leaving the company. What document do I have to submit to show (or certify) my experience at my current job?

Do I require a reference letter from my current employer?

Thanks you so much in advance.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Hi,

I submitted my contract of employment....I know some people have submitted their wage slips too, I awaiting to assigned a CO, so I do have salary slips for the past year if required....

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you.

Any extra documents such as reference letters? ( from previous or current employers?)

·
Registered
452 Posts
I sent four reference letters from my previous employer, I couldn't find my contact, I have a few salary slips, but I haven't uploaded them yet...I'm going to wait, cause they can easily verify my employment from my refs by ringing the hospital were I used to work...

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the quick reply Judy&Rob!

Last question, is there a detailed list some where on this forum listing all required docs which can be used as a reference?

Thanks again!

·
Registered
452 Posts
There is a detailed list...when you go on skillselect, press continue my application, the bit where you put your user name and password...I'm sure the other day when I was uploading docs there was a tick check list you could print out...it's the usual stuff

Birth certificate
Marriage cert
Passport
police checks
Refs for current ,past employers
Contract of employment
Incase of my hubby divorce cert,original , translated English one
All degree /diploma cert and or relevant training docs
IELTS certificate
AHPRA CERT( my registration document to prove I'm a registered practitioner)
can't think of anything else off the top of my head, but I do know I have seen a check list somewhere....there is something on here too,but I'm not sure where

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Driving license! I hadn't even thought of that.

Thank you

·
Registered
452 Posts
Yep anything that proves who you are, I uploaded our UK ones, and Australian ones...

Just to add we had a nightmare uploading...I'm .not very computer savvy, all,the files you attach have to be less than 5MB...we asked a lady at the library, reduced them all in size, some where coloured scanned copies, others black& white certified copies, just waiting for our Australian police checks to come through, and my husband has his medical next week...

I spend hours last Friday night putting up with the DIAC Website freezing...in total it took about 4 hours to send my application in!!!!!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
oh wow!

thanks for the heads up! Will make sure to clear my schedule before i sit down to do the uploading :/

meanwhile searching the forum plus google for the list - hoping i find it! Just want to make sure i dont miss anything...

Please may I ask you if you dont mind why did you not opt to front load your medicals? I am awaiting the response on my SS if i get an ITA i hope to front load my medicals, but most people dont do that, i was just wondering whether it does or doesnt speed up the process

·
Registered
452 Posts
I not sure what you mean by front load medicals?
Only got the SS invite last fri...I think they are taking my medical from last year before we came to Australia, for some reason my husband didn't need one, so it's booked next Wednesday....

We haven't got a case officer yet...I think the only outstanding docs are , Aussie police checks, hubby's medical...

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
By "front load" I mean uploading medicals before the CO is assigned.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
But then it seems to be what you are doing at the moment! :)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks so much! This is a huge help!

and Good luck to you for the next steps :)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I hope its worth it ! :) The other thread regarding the job situation ( titled "dont land in OZ with out a job") is very demotivating ...:/

·
Registered
452 Posts
I would be honest, I wouldn't go to any foreign country and move my whole life without having secured a job first..... I wouldn't take the risk
There are still plenty of job opportunities....seek and ye shall find...

Or in my case ask your Angels...it has always worked for me :)

·
Registered
452 Posts
There are still many opportunities here in Australia...
But I will be honest I wouldn't uplift my life and go to a foreign country...without having secured a job first....or not unless I had enough money to survive at least 6 months....
Seek and ye shall find :)
Or in my case , I ask my Angels for guidance , it's always worked for me :)

·
Registered
452 Posts
Internet is playing up....lol....didn't think it posted, it's like going back 10years where Internet is concerned though !!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts