Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I am about to submit my online application for visa 176.

I am aware that once we submit the app, we have 28days to attach documents to the application and these documents are given in a checklist (which is provided only once you submit).
The one available on DIAC website is for offline/post application which I am assuming wont be of much help in this case.

Has anybody recently submitted the 176 online app and has the list available to them? Could you please share what all docs are required?
I am just being on the safer side so that I do not have to rush things in case there are any documents that might take longer than 28 days

Regards,
Vijay

·
Registered
380 Posts
Here you go

- birth certificate or other evidence of age;
- copy of passport Personal Particulars/Photograph(bio-data) page;
- IELTS English Test Report Results;
- evidence of recent Australian qualifications - this includes transcript(s) and letter(s) of completion or evidence of recent work experience;
- form 80 - Personal Particulars for Character Assessment;
- form 1221 - Additional Personal Particulars Information;
- passport photograph;
- receipt for application for AFP check and your AFP check (if you have applied for an onshore GSM visa);
- evidence of arrangements to undergo a medical examination (if you have applied for an onshore GSM visa);
- satisfactory skills assessment for your nominated occupation. Please include all evidence of work experience you used to obtain this assessment. If you applied for an onshore GSM visa please also provide evidence of when you applied for your skills assessment
- overseas police clearances (if you have applied for an onshore GSM visa) - you must provide a police clearance certificate from each country where you have lived for a total of 12 months or more in the last 10 years. These 12 months are calculated cumulatively, not consecutively. The Character Requirements Penal Clearance Certificates form (formerly known as form 47P) provides country-specific instructions on how to obtain a police clearance and is available on the department's website: Applications and Forms - Visas & Immigration.

If you have applied for an offshore GSM visa, your case officer will contact you when you need to undertake health and character checks.

Birth certificate or other evidence of age Message

Copy of your passport Personal Particulars/Photo (bio-data) page Message

IELTS English Test Report Results Message

Evidence of overseas qualifications Message

Evidence of skills assessment Message

Marriage certificate Message

Passport photo Message

Evidence of State/Territory government agency or Regional Certifying Body nomination Message

Character Requirements Penal Clearance Certificates
Form 160EH - Radiologist report on chest x-ray
Form 26EH - Medical Examination for an Australian visa
Character assessment particulars outstanding

Evidence of change of name

·
Registered
590 Posts
Hi Mimran

I applied for 175 visa a few days ago and need to attach the documents. I have received confirmation of the application and states that I need to attach the required documents within 28 days. I have some questions about the documents since I am unsure exactly what needs to be sent. The email I received states I need to send the exact same documents as you have listed.

However, if I log in to check the progress of my application it shows the following:

Application Status
Application General Skilled Migration
20/04/2012 Application received - processing commenced Message
20/04/2012 Application fee received Message
View your receipt details
Document Checklist

Person 1
Date of birth:
20/04/2012 Health requirements outstanding Message
20/04/2012 Medical examination required Message
20/04/2012 Chest X-Ray report required Message
20/04/2012 Chest X-Ray film required Message
20/04/2012 HIV blood test required Message
Clicking on document checklist gives me a list like you listed in the second part... From the email and what you have written, my understanding is that I will only need to provide x-ray/medicals if requested by my CO. Is that correct? The second part of the above is what has stumped me. I am not expecting to have to go through any medicals having lived in UK my whole life.

Can you confirm that I do not need to undertake ANY medicals right now until instructed to do so.

thanks

·
Registered
590 Posts
I'm filling out form 80. Question 44 asks for countries you have visited over the last 10 years. I can only remember dates of the ones for which I have a stamp in my passport, there have been a ton of countries I have visited in Europe for short trips. Do I have to list all of these, should I just take a guess on the dates, what if I miss some out?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JimJams said:
Hi Mimran

I applied for 175 visa a few days ago and need to attach the documents. I have received confirmation of the application and states that I need to attach the required documents within 28 days. I have some questions about the documents since I am unsure exactly what needs to be sent. The email I received states I need to send the exact same documents as you have listed.

However, if I log in to check the progress of my application it shows the following:

Clicking on document checklist gives me a list like you listed in the second part... From the email and what you have written, my understanding is that I will only need to provide x-ray/medicals if requested by my CO. Is that correct? The second part of the above is what has stumped me. I am not expecting to have to go through any medicals having lived in UK my whole life.

Can you confirm that I do not need to undertake ANY medicals right now until instructed to do so.

thanks
JimJams, I have not yet reached where you are now but from what I have read in the forum, Medicals and PCC is to be given when asked by the case officer.

Vijay.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JimJams said:
I'm filling out form 80. Question 44 asks for countries you have visited over the last 10 years. I can only remember dates of the ones for which I have a stamp in my passport, there have been a ton of countries I have visited in Europe for short trips. Do I have to list all of these, should I just take a guess on the dates, what if I miss some out?
My 2 cents.

If there is no evidence on your passport that you visited the European countries (due to common visa), then why mention them.

But If your passport was swiped at the port of entry In any of the above mentioned countries, then it's better you mention it. Who knows, DIAC might send your passport number for verification.

Vijay.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Hello JimJams

Although some member frontload PCC and Medical, it can be given once CO requests it. Because the deadline of initial date of entry to Australia in the visa is given as PCC or Medicals date, which ever is earliest.

I was also confused about Q44, but I guess its better to go through all the old passports and check your exit / entry date and mention it in the form.

Good luck.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Thanks for your replies guys. The medical request really threw me, I was not expecting to see those links at that stage. I will hold off on these since I don't think I need them. I applied for a 417 Working Holiday Visa last year and had to get a chest x-ray done due to the fact I'd been out the country for 6 months...

I went through my old passport and there is only stamps for countries outside EU. I've managed to piece together a lot of dates from memory (went to specific car races), googling and old emails. I don't have every single trip, but maybe 90% of them (there was A LOT of short trips!). I tried my best and think it should cover it, I'm sure DIAC will understand if I missed the odd one!

thanks again.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Hello,
Do we get an email post the lodgement of the visa application with the link to upload the docs? Can anyone please confirm?

Thanks in advance. :)
Yes you do, but the email does not come through immediately, it may be a few hours.... mine came through maybe 24 hours after.

I think they have an overnight process which sends them out or something...

·
Registered
628 Posts
Hello,
Do we get an email post the lodgement of the visa application with the link to upload the docs? Can anyone please confirm?

Thanks in advance. :)
yes you will get a mail with all details. if u r in hurry use this link. this is the link u need to attach docs.

PROVIDING DOCUMENTS

Electronic lodgement of applications provides an effective service for applicants to provide documents to the department. eVisa applicants should attach documents online at: https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/visas/attachment/start.do?attachType=VISA_APPLICATION&group=travel

The reference details for this application are: Primary Applicant's name; Transaction Reference Number; and Permission Request ID. These details are located on the top left hand corner of the first page of this letter.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Yes you do, but the email does not come through immediately, it may be a few hours.... mine came through maybe 24 hours after.

I think they have an overnight process which sends them out or something...
Hi JimJams,
Thanks for your reply.

Okie, I applied late last night. I will wait for another day for the email then. :)

·
Registered
556 Posts
yes you will get a mail with all details. if u r in hurry use this link. this is the link u need to attach docs.

PROVIDING DOCUMENTS

Electronic lodgement of applications provides an effective service for applicants to provide documents to the department. eVisa applicants should attach documents online at: https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/visas/attachment/start.do?attachType=VISA_APPLICATION&group=travel

The reference details for this application are: Primary Applicant's name; Transaction Reference Number; and Permission Request ID. These details are located on the top left hand corner of the first page of this letter.
Thanks Buddy... I am in no hurry. I just wanted to check if the link would be provided to us in the email as I did not save any links while completing the application yesterday. :)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hi

I have a query regarding the work related documents for your 176 application:

At the time of the ACS, the documents that I sent for my Work experience were the Roles and Responsibilities letters that I got from the companies that I worked with. For one company I sent the offer letter and the letter from my manager but by the time ACS asked that they need that letter, somehow that company HR eventually gave me one. So I submitted it.

In a nutshell, I only submitted the Roles and Responsibilities letters.

Are these documents sufficient for 176 as well or some other work related documents are also required?

Thanks

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
kshaggarwal said:
Hi

I have a query regarding the work related documents for your 176 application:

At the time of the ACS, the documents that I sent for my Work experience were the Roles and Responsibilities letters that I got from the companies that I worked with. For one company I sent the offer letter and the letter from my manager but by the time ACS asked that they need that letter, somehow that company HR eventually gave me one. So I submitted it.

In a nutshell, I only submitted the Roles and Responsibilities letters.

Are these documents sufficient for 176 as well or some other work related documents are also required?

Thanks
You need to submit the same documents which you gave for ACS assessment. You might also have to submit tax returns, form 16s etc later on, if the case officer asks. People also attach the mentioned documents in the first instance itself. If you have them, attach them too.

More documents attached as proofs would never be an issue.

Vijay.

·
Registered
38 Posts
You need to submit the same documents which you gave for ACS assessment. More documents attached as proofs would never be an issue.

Vijay.
I have a doubt here, can we reduce the no of years of experience in compared to ACS, suppose I have 8 years in ACS, but I would like to claim only 5 years experience points to DIAC, as I might not be able to provide all docs for remaining 3 years. So, is it advisable to to claim only 5 years points as I am able to fufill 65 points req for DIAC.

generally, does DIAC intersted in years, for which we do not claim points?

Thnx....

·
Registered
106 Posts
Nihal said:
I have a doubt here, can we reduce the no of years of experience in compared to ACS, suppose I have 8 years in ACS, but I would like to claim only 5 years experience points to DIAC, as I might not be able to provide all docs for remaining 3 years. So, is it advisable to to claim only 5 years points as I am able to fufill 65 points req for DIAC.

Thnx....
I have the same query.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey Nihal;

If ACS states 8 years it is better to provide all the documents pertaining to the 8 years reducing them might make your DIAC CO suspicious

Thnx....

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.