Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Seniors

I have two specific questions and these might appear silly for some people, but since there are many people like me for whom these processes are new, it will be great if you can help us guiding through these:

1. I have certified all the colour print or photostat copies of originals. (i.e I have taken every document as colour print and colour photocopy and then notarized everything).
This documents include the following specific things which I am skeptical if that would become a problem for CO to think logically that these documents shouldn't have been certified in India as they were issued in Australia and some of which are through emails.

A) ACS result letter (Colour printed and notarized in India).

B) IELTS (Colour photocopied the IELTS TRF and notarized in India).

C) Australia Payslips for entire period I worked there which was sent to me by email every month by payroll (I printed and notarized in India).

D) Australia Superannuation from the Super Vendor (Photocopied the original in black and out and notarized in India).

E) Australia Tax File Number (Colour photocopied the original and notarized in India).

F) Australia Tax paid (PAYG Document which was sent to me by my employer in email, took print and notarized in India).

2. The documents I have scanned some of which are upto 3 or 4 MBs file size. I can reduce it into 144 DPI still with a fair readable quality after which the size of the file will reduce to 1/10th of its original size i.e it becomes around 500 kb or 800 kb max. However, I read that, in the DIAC it says a file can be a maximum of 5 MB size. Still I am fret about, if CO will find it irritated or kind of inconvenience of downloading few MB documents files ? As it apparently needs more patience comparatively than to download same content but with less DPI and hence lesser clarity documents with lesser size ?

Obviously the documents with 3 or 4 MBs are with good clarity having said that, the same documents when reduces to 144 DPI are not that horrible quality.

I know these are silly questions, but still we are newbies to this process and hope it will also help other juniors like me if you seniors who have already applied and or got grant could help us.

Thank you so much for helping us through these silly questions, but your help is very much appreciated.

Best regards,
JR

·
Registered
455 Posts
Hello Seniors

I have two specific questions and these might appear silly for some people, but since there are many people like me for whom these processes are new, it will be great if you can help us guiding through these:

1. I have certified all the colour print or photostat copies of originals. (i.e I have taken every document as colour print and colour photocopy and then notarized everything).
This documents include the following specific things which I am skeptical if that would become a problem for CO to think logically that these documents shouldn't have been certified in India as they were issued in Australia and some of which are through emails.

A) ACS result letter (Colour printed and notarized in India).

B) IELTS (Colour photocopied the IELTS TRF and notarized in India).

C) Australia Payslips for entire period I worked there which was sent to me by email every month by payroll (I printed and notarized in India).

D) Australia Superannuation from the Super Vendor (Photocopied the original in black and out and notarized in India).

E) Australia Tax File Number (Colour photocopied the original and notarized in India).

F) Australia Tax paid (PAYG Document which was sent to me by my employer in email, took print and notarized in India).

2. The documents I have scanned some of which are upto 3 or 4 MBs file size. I can reduce it into 144 DPI still with a fair readable quality after which the size of the file will reduce to 1/10th of its original size i.e it becomes around 500 kb or 800 kb max. However, I read that, in the DIAC it says a file can be a maximum of 5 MB size. Still I am fret about, if CO will find it irritated or kind of inconvenience of downloading few MB documents files ? As it apparently needs more patience comparatively than to download same content but with less DPI and hence lesser clarity documents with lesser size ?

Obviously the documents with 3 or 4 MBs are with good clarity having said that, the same documents when reduces to 144 DPI are not that horrible quality.

I know these are silly questions, but still we are newbies to this process and hope it will also help other juniors like me if you seniors who have already applied and or got grant could help us.

Thank you so much for helping us through these silly questions, but your help is very much appreciated.

Best regards,
JR

For Q1, It's perfectly alright to do the way you have done. I mean you can do anything and CO would accept anything unless they are fake(he he he).

For Q2, It is only apt not to shrink the size of the PDFs just not to annoy your CO. Anything less than 5 MB would do. Make sure you use the best one w.r.t clarity. Do not compromise on the quality of your attachment. Else you might annoy your CO even more with lesser clarity doc making him/her requesting for a clearer one later.

Thanks,
Divya.

Reactions: jre05

·
Registered
50 Posts
what I think... there is no such thing like "annoying CO" .... it is their duty to review your application thoroughly

CO will ask you for anything he is not clear about... it has no impact on your application...

so don't worry and follow the instructions

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For Q1, It's perfectly alright to do the way you have done. I mean you can do anything and CO would accept anything unless they are fake(he he he).

For Q2, It is only apt not to shrink the size of the PDFs just not to annoy your CO. Anything less than 5 MB would do. Make sure you use the best one w.r.t clarity. Do not compromise on the quality of your attachment. Else you might annoy your CO even more with lesser clarity doc making him/her requesting for a clearer one later.

Thanks,
Divya.
Thank you so much divyap, that helps me a lot, will do the same way.

Best regards,
JR

1 - 4 of 4 Posts