Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my husband has applied for his flr. He is taking all original documents inc his passport and brp to his biometrics appointment except my passport and my parents' passport (we live with them so need to show their id) - I have only given him photocopies of mine and my parents' passports to put with his documents.

Previously when the documents were sent off we only attached photocopies of our passports with the application so I thought photocopies should be enough but as the procedure is changed I'm confused as it says to bring all original documents.

Those who have attended appointments if you could please help me.

Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for replying
should i give him my original passport for the appointment or is a photocopy ok?

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
Did he upload his documents himself, or has he paid to have them scanned at the appointment?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He uploaded them himself. He has received an email from UKVCAS which says he does not need to bring the supporting documents if he has already uploaded them. I thought everyone always took their supporting documents to the appointment.

Anyway he has a standard appointment so I think they will only take his biometrics and a photograph so I don't think he will need to take the documents.

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
They will check the documents at the appointment so if something needs to be re-uploaded for whatever reason, it's probably safer just to bring them. But he absolutely must have his original passport and BRP. Your original passport isn't needed at the appointment

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your help. My husband had his appointment today and he took all the supporting documents with him. At the appointment, they took his biometrics, photograph etc and scanned his passport and BRP. They did not see the documents but still I'm glad he took them with him otherwise I would be worried what if they ask to see them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts