Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi My husband and I are going to Florida for 3 months April to June, but during that time we need to return to Ireland for my grandaughters first communion, and had planed on booking a return flight from Orlando. Do I need any documentation to present at airport control to prove we will be returning to Canada? We are driving down to Florida, and will park the car at the airport while out of the country for 3-4 weeks. We are Canadian Citizens with a Canadian passport, and will return to Canada in June.:ranger:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi My husband and I are going to Florida for 3 months April to June, but during that time we need to return to Ireland for my grandaughters first communion, and had planed on booking a return flight from Orlando. Do I need any documentation to present at airport control to prove we will be returning to Canada? We are driving down to Florida, and will park the car at the airport while out of the country for 3-4 weeks. We are Canadian Citizens with a Canadian passport, and will return to Canada in June.:ranger:
So, you are driving from Canada to Florida. Parking your car in Florida. Flying Florida to Ireland, Ireland to Florida, then driving from Florida to Canada? As long as you both have Canadian passports it will not be an issue. You don't need a visa to enter the US and you don't need proof that you will be leaving the US. You'll have your regular greeting from a US customs officer when you return from Ireland and I doubt he or she will even question it. If they did just explain the situation. You don't need evidence you will be returning to Canada if you have a Canadian passport.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So, you are driving from Canada to Florida. Parking your car in Florida. Flying Florida to Ireland, Ireland to Florida, then driving from Florida to Canada? As long as you both have Canadian passports it will not be an issue. You don't need a visa to enter the US and you don't need proof that you will be leaving the US. You'll have your regular greeting from a US customs officer when you return from Ireland and I doubt he or she will even question it. If they did just explain the situation. You don't need evidence you will be returning to Canada if you have a Canadian passport.
Thank you so much, that has taken a load of my mind, as I did'nt want to break any laws, and not get back into the USA. I can go ahead and book our flights now
good luck and thank you;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.