Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I've been going through a lot of posts and it is so informative, really great forum this is.

My queries:

1. I am in UK and hence would not be able to get the color scan copies of my documents, for ACS assessment, certified. This is because I do have the scans, but not the originals, as they all are in India (hometown).
2. Some more documents, which I am planning to submit when apply for visa, e.g. wife's certificates, my experience certificates, relieving letters etc., are in India. So I might ask someone from my family to get them scanned and send to me, but cannot get them certified in assessment required format.

I don't think there is anything else apart from the above, and the fact that 'they' might know some tips, should I go ahead with an agent (not a MARA agent though)? I am talking about 'Abhinav Outsourcing' in particular as they were quite spot on with all my queries and think they would be ok.

Please suggest - Thanks.

Mohit

·
Registered
321 Posts
Hi,
Ask your relatives to send you originals. 60usd in dhl for package and 3-4 days for delivery. And get them scanned and certified how you would want...
Is it ACS particular requirement about certifying? We didnt do that, just sent good colour scan.
I have doubts that agents know any "tips".

Reactions: mm84

·
Registered
6,594 Posts
Hi Guys,

I've been going through a lot of posts and it is so informative, really great forum this is.

My queries:

1. I am in UK and hence would not be able to get the color scan copies of my documents, for ACS assessment, certified. This is because I do have the scans, but not the originals, as they all are in India (hometown).
2. Some more documents, which I am planning to submit when apply for visa, e.g. wife's certificates, my experience certificates, relieving letters etc., are in India. So I might ask someone from my family to get them scanned and send to me, but cannot get them certified in assessment required format.

I don't think there is anything else apart from the above, and the fact that 'they' might know some tips, should I go ahead with an agent (not a MARA agent though)? I am talking about 'Abhinav Outsourcing' in particular as they were quite spot on with all my queries and think they would be ok.

Please suggest - Thanks.

Mohit
before finalizing the deal with any agent, just make sure that they will be able to solve your problem, I mean you will send them color scan and they should be able to get it certified in the required format, if yes then go ahead, if no then don't waste money on them.

get this thing crystal clear in black and white and then only proceed for hiring them

Reactions: mm84

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Ola.

I had thought of doing the same but unfortunately it is hard to find someone in UK who will also certify all my Indian degree certificates and individual semester mark-sheets. And they will charge, if at all they agree to certify, about £5 per page which is quite a lot.

Seems like I don't have much option but to go ahead with the agency.

Thanks - Mohit

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
before finalizing the deal with any agent, just make sure that they will be able to solve your problem, I mean you will send them color scan and they should be able to get it certified in the required format, if yes then go ahead, if no then don't waste money on them.

get this thing crystal clear in black and white and then only proceed for hiring them
Thanks Sultan.

That's right and have checked with them, although they would charge extra but that will be quite cheap, but they will be able to do so. One of my friend submitted with that agency and they were helpful.

·
Registered
25,743 Posts
Hi Guys,

My queries:

Please suggest - Thanks.

Mohit
You need not not get the original documents to UK for notarising.

Ask your relatives in India to get a Xerox, get it notarised and then send you a scan of all the documents which are in India
Its as simple as that. I am sure someone in your family or a friend can get it done. Its not even 30 minutes job

Cheers

·
Registered
25,743 Posts
Thanks Sultan.

That's right and have checked with them, although they would charge extra but that will be quite cheap, but they will be able to do so. One of my friend submitted with that agency and they were helpful.
Are you planning to send them the originals ?

If not you are starting with them on a wrong foot, by asking them to get the papers attested by a notary without the original documents.

That's a recipe for disaster in case they submit more false documents down the line without your knowledge as many Indian Agents have been found to be doing in the past

Cheers

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You need not not get the original documents to UK for notarising.

Ask your relatives in India to get a Xerox, get it notarised and then send you a scan of all the documents which are in India
Its as simple as that. I am sure someone in your family or a friend can get it done. Its not even 30 minutes job

Cheers
Yes thanks, you are right.

Quick one - so we need to get a colored xerox copy, get that certified, then color scan it back, to finally upload on assessment portal (ACS in my case). Is that right?

·
Registered
25,743 Posts
Yes thanks, you are right.

Quick one - so we need to get a colored xerox copy, get that certified, then color scan it back, to finally upload on assessment portal (ACS in my case). Is that right?
ACS requires only black and white.

The xerox should be black and white and so should be the scan after notarisation

The scan should not be more then 200DPI so that the file is not very bulky

Cheers

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

If not you are starting with them on a wrong foot, by asking them to get the papers attested by a notary without the original documents.

That's a recipe for disaster in case they submit more false documents down the line without your knowledge as many Indian Agents have been found to be doing in the past

Cheers
Not sending my originals no anyone, of course.

Quite frankly, that was my concern, of how can I get them certified? They said they will be able to get it done, with some minimal charges, without the originals, just color scans would do.

Now I know this is not right for them to get something certified without seeing the originals, but from perspective they are absolute genuine so not much concerned.

Your thoughts?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Cheers
Not sending my originals to anyone, of course.

Quite frankly, that was my concern, of how can I get them certified? They said they will be able to get it done, with some minimal charges, without the originals. I can send them the color scans, that would do just fine.

Now I know this is not right for them to get something certified without seeing the originals, but from my perspective they are absolute genuine so not much concerned.

Your thoughts?

·
Registered
25,743 Posts
Not sending my originals to anyone, of course.

Quite frankly, that was my concern, of how can I get them certified? They said they will be able to get it done, with some minimal charges, without the originals. I can send them the color scans, that would do just fine.

Now I know this is not right for them to get something certified without seeing the originals, but from my perspective they are absolute genuine so not much concerned.

Your thoughts?
If you are not concerned, Who am I to object ?

Cheers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.