Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I am planning to apply for ACS assessment soon. I am an Electrical and Electronics Engineer from India with 5.6 years experience as Business Analyst. I have below mentioned queries with respect to documentation and educational assessment.

1. As per Skill Assessment Guidelines document
ICT Major Criteria:
A Bachelor degree must have:
• 33% ICT content for a 3 year course
• 25% ICT content for a 4 year course
• 20% ICT content for a 5 year course
ICT Minor Criteria:
A Bachelor or higher qualification is assessed as a Minor when the ICT content is at least two thirds of the requirements for a major.
What percentage of ICT content should I have for assessment as ICT Minor?
2. For Statutory declaration from a colleague it says
"All Statutory Declarations or Affidavits must clearly state that the document was “Sworn Before” or “Signed Before” or “Witnessed Before” the authorised witness by the referee and signed by the authorised witness, along with the date and place in which the declaration was witnessed."
The following Statutory Declarations or Affidavits are NOT suitable:
 Does NOT contain words to the effect “Sworn Before” or “Signed Before” or “Witnessed Before”.
 Stamp and signature of Notary Public doesn’t state that the referee’s signature is witnessed
 Signature of Notary Public only states “Attested Copy”.

Do I need to get the declaration witnessed from someone stating “Sworn Before” or “Signed Before” or “Witnessed Before" after getting it from my manager? What exactly should the stamp of the Notary say? As per my understanding "CERTIFY THAT THIS IS A XEROX TRUE COPY" should suffice. But then my document is not a xerox but original copy.

3. Would E Stamp paper issued by Gov of State be acceptable for Statutory declaration?

Appreciate the assistance.

Reactions: Sunny

·
Registered
11 Posts
Guideline says it should not be just an "attested copy", so that's not enough.

I got my skills assessed from ACS sometime during Feb. My documents had a notary seal on each page, and at last page - a "Sworn to before me" seal, seal of the advocate (name, address etc), seal of the date.

You can just find out some popular notaries in your area/city from justdial website and mention the criteria (whatever the guidelines say) they'll guide you and will also provide the stamp paper. Mine was normal Rs.20 stamp paper. They usually charge a fee of around Rs. 200- 300 for each set of documents.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply :)
Could you please tell me if I can get the declaration on E Stamp paper? Will that suffice?
Also What percentage of ICT content should I have for assessment as ICT Minor? Any idea of this?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello team,

I am planning to apply for ACS. Could you please let me know what are the documents required for applying ACS?

Thanks,
Sunny

1 - 5 of 5 Posts