Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

I am also gathering documents for the VAF4 Fiancé Visa. Can someone please be so kind as to have a look and see if there are any suggestions? We've had a nightmare with wrongful advice from a soliciotor and this forum is the only thing we trust now!

Applicant Documents
2 Passport Photographs
B&W Passport Copy (this will be verified at the biometrics appt. I assume?)
B&W National Identity Card - Morocco
Cambridge English KET Statement of Results (I've been told this grade gets verified online so don't need to provide a certificate, correct?)
Police Check - Original & certified translation
Tuberculosis Certificate - Original & certified translation
Divorce Certificate -Original & certified translation

Sponsor Documents
Letter of Invitation/Plans for the Future
Colour Passport Photocopy (Does this need to be certified?)
Colour Driving Licence Photocopy
6 months worth of payslips & 2015 P60
6 months worth of bank statements marking salary paid in
6 months of savings account transactions
Letter from bank stating how long I have been a customer & what accounts held
Work Contract
Letter from employer

Property Documents (My Mum owns the property)
Photocopy of Land Registry
Utility bill (EDF) in Mum's name
Property Inspection Report
No Objection Letter for applicant to live there (Does this need to be certified?)

My Stepdad also owns the property (name on the deeds), but doesn't live there so I've been told we need to show he's not living there with the following;
His tenancy agreement elsewhere
Council Tax bill where he lives
No Objection Letter stating he doesn't live there, why, and that he has No-Ob for applicant to live there (Does this need to be certified?)

Proof of Relationship
Photo book of pictures of us
Photographs of our engagement party in Morocco with his family
Phone records of my calls to him and proof from Maroc Telecom that he owns the number shown on my bills + certified translation (He has a credit phone so we can't get logs of his phone calls to me. Is this detrimental, I'm worried?)
Whatsapp, Skype, Viber screenshots (How much do I need? I've screenshot them all!)
Printed emails of my flight confirmations of when I've gone to Morocco + a photocopy of my passport stamps showing all visit entries

Wedding Plans
Emails with registrar
Advance Booking Form of Registrar, showing deposit for the day paid so provisional booking made
Signed Venue Contract + Receipt of deposit payment
Save The Date Cards Order Summary + Design Proof
A Photobooth booking contact for the day and receipt - Way in advance but it was a good deal lol

Do We Need?
6 months bank statements and payslips of applicant (He doesn't have these but we read somewhere he needs them so quite nervous!)
Evidence showing that we have looked at flights for him to come

And finally, our wedding is booked for 14/02/16. I've been told that even if we state on the application when we want him to arrive - 14/09/15, thus giving us 1 month to switch to FLR(M) - Home Office might just grant visa from day of decision! This could mean he'd be here and gone before our actual wedding! Any suggestions on best time to apply when submitting in Rabat?

EXTREMELY grateful for any advice, and thanks so much in advance!

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
The sponsors letter should give a potted history of how you met, how your relationship developed, how you communicate and how often, details of your meetings, explain common interests and future plans.

The timing of application is a dilemma in view of the validity of some information.
Could you re-arrange wedding ( bring forward )? The Registrar should be able to help, it will attract another fee but you will have to pay for the Notice of Marriage, which cannot be done until your Fiancee is here with the necessary documentation. Your pre=arranged date for Valentine's Day 2016 could be a Celebration of your Marriage.

If you have all the required Documents, there are others here who may advise on the list you have posted, then get the Application Registered and then re- arrange, if necessary the other events once the Visa is issued.

·
Super Moderator
18,088 Posts
Hi all!

I am also gathering documents for the VAF4 Fiancé Visa. Can someone please be so kind as to have a look and see if there are any suggestions? We've had a nightmare with wrongful advice from a soliciotor and this forum is the only thing we trust now!

Applicant Documents
2 Passport Photographs
B&W Passport Copy (this will be verified at the biometrics appt. I assume?)
B&W National Identity Card - Morocco
Cambridge English KET Statement of Results (I've been told this grade gets verified online so don't need to provide a certificate, correct?)
Police Check - Original & certified translation
Tuberculosis Certificate - Original & certified translation
Divorce Certificate -Original & certified translation
You submit your passport, not a copy.

You don't need the identity card or police check.

You should write a letter of introduction and include a sample itinerary from around the time you'd like to travel.

Sponsor Documents
Letter of Invitation/Plans for the Future
Colour Passport Photocopy (Does this need to be certified?)
Colour Driving Licence Photocopy
6 months worth of payslips & 2015 P60
6 months worth of bank statements marking salary paid in
6 months of savings account transactions
Letter from bank stating how long I have been a customer & what accounts held
Work Contract
Letter from employer
What category are you applying under?

Copy of passport doesn't need to be certified.

Driver's licence is unnecessary.

Letter from bank is unnecessary.
Property Documents (My Mum owns the property)
Photocopy of Land Registry
Utility bill (EDF) in Mum's name
Property Inspection Report
No Objection Letter for applicant to live there (Does this need to be certified?)
An online land registry document is acceptable. Your mother simply needs to write a letter saying your fiancé can live there..
My Stepdad also owns the property (name on the deeds), but doesn't live there so I've been told we need to show he's not living there with the following;
His tenancy agreement elsewhere
Council Tax bill where he lives
No Objection Letter stating he doesn't live there, why, and that he has No-Ob for applicant to live there (Does this need to be certified?)
Who owns the property? Your mom, dad or both? If he doesn't live there you don't have to explain why.
Proof of Relationship
Photo book of pictures of us
Photographs of our engagement party in Morocco with his family
Phone records of my calls to him and proof from Maroc Telecom that he owns the number shown on my bills + certified translation (He has a credit phone so we can't get logs of his phone calls to me. Is this detrimental, I'm worried?)
Whatsapp, Skype, Viber screenshots (How much do I need? I've screenshot them all!)
Printed emails of my flight confirmations of when I've gone to Morocco + a photocopy of my passport stamps showing all visit entries
10-15 photos max attached to A4 paper with dates and brief descriptions.

1-2 log pages every 6 months or so across a selection of communication. 10 pages max.

Trip confirmations are fine.
Wedding Plans
Emails with registrar
Advance Booking Form of Registrar, showing deposit for the day paid so provisional booking made
Signed Venue Contract + Receipt of deposit payment
Save The Date Cards Order Summary + Design Proof
A Photobooth booking contact for the day and receipt - Way in advance but it was a good deal lol
Seems ok.
Do We Need?
6 months bank statements and payslips of applicant (He doesn't have these but we read somewhere he needs them so quite nervous!)
Evidence showing that we have looked at flights for him to come
Does he work? If so you should include proof of that.

You only need a sample itinerary. You should not book anything.

And finally, our wedding is booked for 14/02/16. I've been told that even if we state on the application when we want him to arrive - 14/09/15, thus giving us 1 month to switch to FLR(M) - Home Office might just grant visa from day of decision! This could mean he'd be here and gone before our actual wedding! Any suggestions on best time to apply when submitting in Rabat?
You can apply no more than 3 months before your intended date of travel.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you both greatly for your comments! (Nyclon - Sorry for not posting as a new thread, I understand now).

Just in reference to your comments;

1) Sponsors letter - I will include a history of us too. Thanks Skyf.

2) Category he applies under will be settlement as he will stay in UK after converting to spousal visa. I believe the correct application is VAF4 with appendix 2. Is this correct?

3) I just have 3 pages of land registry - it details title number, address, proprietors, price paid, and when bought. It looks similar to an online document you have suggested, but for the sake of £3 I probably will just get that.

4) Living at the property - Myself, my mum, and 2 younger brothers. Property Inspection Report deemed there enough space. Dad doesn't live there but I was told that because he is on the land registry we must show he isn't there too or the Property Inspection Report looks suspicious/falsified.

5) He does work but gaining proof to show that is not freely given in Morocco. It's a funny country that is quite exploitative so no one will provide him this. So technically no, on file he doesn't work.

6) I understand about re-arranging the marriage to fit with the visa being granted, but ideally we really wouldn't want to do that as everything is already paid for for the day, including use of the ceremony room and deposit paid for registrar as that's as far as we could get. Weddings are costly! I was advised to show we had wedding plans like this & we wanted to secure the date so really wouldn't want this tampered with. I'd hate for us to submit the application 3 months before intention to travel and get a decision back within a month having the visa start immediately, ignoring our request it to start mid September.

Thanks again! :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just looked and understood. I have been in salaried employment for 3 years @ £23k. Therefore I believe we're only applying under Category A and don't need to supply my savings account transactions as it's unnecessary? Am I right?
I just thought it would be good back-up to show my fiancé will be looked after completely. Would it be harmful to include it anyway?

·
Registered
39,148 Posts
Yes, just 6 months under Cat A.
Don't disclose any other income sources or savings not needed to meet the requirement. It can confuse rather than help.

·
Super Moderator
18,088 Posts
You only need to meet the requirement and if you are earning £23,000/year then you do under Category A. No you don't need your savings and including them could only cause confusion. Only supply what's necessary.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Great, thanks so much for your help!

Does anyone have any advice on this, the last part of our problem?! Any experience of HO just giving the visa on date of decision instead of date requested? Should we wait until August to submit? With the wedding booked, we can't rearrange or afford to get this messed up.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Don't think you can apply for FLR until married. Possibly a MOD can confirm.

Most applications are now made online with an appointment being given at the same time.
Your Fiancee will then deliver all the required documents, including your ( Sponsor's) Letter etc. The letter needs to be addressed to THe Entry Clearance Officer.

To give some indication of times, my Fiancee completed the Online app on April 3rd and was given date 28th ( next Tuesday) to deliver the Hardcopy's and do the Biometric. We have arranged Wedding for 2nd September.

Check the process in Morocco, i.e can the application be made online, is the Visa Office local, and find out from the Visas and Immigration website the processing times for Morocco.

August would seem a good time to start the application to comply with your existing arrangements.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.