Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I've got my in-person appointment to switch from a YMS visa to FLR(M) next week and was just wondering if anyone could have a quick look over the list of documents we're planning on submitting.

We've only been living together since the end of November last year, so the correspondence is fairly dense and not particularly spread out.

In terms of accomodation, my husband purchased the flat last year, so have the land registry document, but have seen others include a council tax bill in this section too? At the moment I've got Council tax bills in the correspondence section but could swap one out for something else if need be?

More than happy to ditch the phone records too (my phone company could only go as far back as a year, hence the May 16-May 17) - just wasn't sure if we needed to in some way prove our relationship prior to moving in together and getting married?

Also, we're combining our incomes and Cat A for the finances.

Anyway, any advice would be amazing!

In- Person FLR(M) Visa Document Checklist

- Appointment Booking Checklist
- Payment Confirmation
- IHS Payment Confirmation and Reference Number
- Completed FLR(M) Application Form
o 2 x passport photos of application (name on back)
o 1 x passport photo of sponsor (name on back)

Identity:
- Applicants Passport
- Applicants BRP
- Sponsors Passport

Financial Documents:
- Applicants Bank Statements (6 months)
- Applicants Payslips (6 months)
- Applicants Letter from employer
- Sponsors Bank Statements (6 months)
- Sponsors Payslips (6 months)
- Sponsors Letter from employer

Correspondence:
- Council Tax (Sponsor) – 6/12/16
- Bank Statement (Applicant) – 5/1/17
- Council Tax (Joint) – 10/1/17
- NHS Letter (Applicant) - 22/2/17
- Home Office Letter (Sponsor) – 2/3/17
- Council Tax (Joint) – 4/3/17
- Dentist Letter (Sponsor) – 14/3/17
- Bank Letter (Applicant) – 21/4/17
- Council Electoral Registration (Sponsor) – 10/5/17
- Bank Letter (Applicant) – 30/6/17

Accommodation:
- Sponsors Land Registry document

Relationship:
- Marriage Certificate
- Photos of wedding/other holidays/events
- Applicants phone records (May 2016 – May 2017)

·
Registered
315 Posts
Looks good!

I assume you need both the applicant and sponsors income to meet the requirement? If not, just use one of you. In addition, if you have job contracts and P60 then add those in.

For accommodation, add a council tax bill (take out of correspondence) and a mortgage statement if you have one. When switching from another visa to FLR(M) they're not too worried about correspondence, that becomes more crucial when you go to renew in 2.5 years.

I don't think you need phone records. Photos and marriage certificate is enough. Edit: I made the assumption you've been living together at least since you were married? If not, phone records will be useful.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much for the pointers!

Yeah, unfortunately having to combine both our incomes. I've been trying to chase up a P60 from work but for whatever reason haven't been able to get it yet. Is it a big advantage to have it?

I'll swap out the Council Tax and put it in with accomodation then!

And yes, we've been living together since a little while before we got married, so I'll just take the phone records with me on the day so I've got them if needed.

Thanks again for the help!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
One quick further question...

Is it necessary to include any bills/letters from the Property Factors in the Accomodation section?

If not, are they acceptable as a form of correspondence?

Thanks!

·
Registered
315 Posts
One quick further question...

Is it necessary to include any bills/letters from the Property Factors in the Accomodation section?

If not, are they acceptable as a form of correspondence?

Thanks!
Only need to include one in the accommodation section to verify you're actually living there, for example, a council tax bill or utility bill.

Yes, they are acceptable forms of correspondence. Here's their list:

Examples of acceptable items of correspondence
• Letters or other documents from government departments or agencies, for example HM Revenue and Customs, Department for Work and Pensions, DVLA, TV Licensing.
• Letters or other documents from your GP, a hospital or other local health service about medical treatments, appointments, home visits or other medical matters
• Bank statements/letters
• Building society savings books/letters
• Council tax bills or statements
• Electricity and/or gas bills or statements
• Water rates bills or statements
• Mortgage statements/agreement
• Tenancy agreement(s)
• Telephone bills or statements

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.