Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife is in Dubai and is applying for a work permit. As we all know, this involves attestation of some documents.

The documents concerned are here in Dubai with us.

Does anyone know if the attestation can be done locally or do we have to return the docs to Australia to have them put through the entire process?

Appreciate any feedback.

Cheers.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I think it's better to attest your documents in Australia but you can ask your embassy in the UAE if they can attest the documents here.

My wife is in Dubai and is applying for a work permit. As we all know, this involves attestation of some documents.

Does anyone know if the attestation can be done locally or do we have to return the docs to Australia to have them put through the entire process?

Appreciate any feedback.

Cheers.

·
Registered
11 Posts
It is better for you to attest your documents in your country of origin.

My husband moved to Dubai before me and we were lucky that I was still in South Africa. I was able to get our documents attested in SA. It is a long process but you can also check if there is an agency who can do it for you.

It is best to start with the Australian Embassy.

·
Registered
262 Posts

Appreciate any feedback.

Cheers.
Hi Stephen,

Have you sorted out your wife's documents? did you get an agency? I too need to attest mine, but mine are Uk certificates. However, the lady at British council suggested some agencies, which I can PM to you, if you like.I am sure they do attestation for a couple of countries.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Stephen,

Have you sorted out your wife's documents? did you get an agency? I too need to attest mine, but mine are Uk certificates. However, the lady at British council suggested some agencies, which I can PM to you, if you like.I am sure they do attestation for a couple of countries.
Hi Suey,

Luckily the PRO has managed to negotiäte a solution and attestation of the particular docs has been waived.

Thanks to all for input.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Hey Stephen ....

If you don't mind me asking where in Oz are you from.

The only reason I ask is that I am an Australian based here in Dubai, but happen also to be a Qld authorised JP).

Under that authority, I am also able to notorize certain documents which includes certifying true copies etc that pertain to Qld regardless of my geographical location.

Depending on the requirement for authorisation by the receivers, for eg, if for an overseas government agency and the like, often they will only accept consular authorisations etc, will depend on your source level of attestation needed.

If I am able to assist please fire me off a PM.

As an aside, under that authority I am legally bound not to charge or even accept gifts for the service. Just happy to help if I can ...

Cheers
Greg

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Stephen ....

If you don't mind me asking where in Oz are you from.

The only reason I ask is that I am an Australian based here in Dubai, but happen also to be a Qld authorised JP).

Under that authority, I am also able to notorize certain documents which includes certifying true copies etc that pertain to Qld regardless of my geographical location.

Depending on the requirement for authorisation by the receivers, for eg, if for an overseas government agency and the like, often they will only accept consular authorisations etc, will depend on your source level of attestation needed.

If I am able to assist please fire me off a PM.

As an aside, under that authority I am legally bound not to charge or even accept gifts for the service. Just happy to help if I can ...

Cheers
Greg
Greg,

I am from NSW. Thanks very much for your response and offer of assistance.

My understanding is that the UAE requires Australian docs to be notarised by a Notary Public.

Again, thanks.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Greg,

I am from NSW. Thanks very much for your response and offer of assistance.

My understanding is that the UAE requires Australian docs to be notarised by a Notary Public.

Again, thanks.
That's fine Stephen ...

Thats why I included ... "Depending on the requirement for authorisation by the receivers, for eg, if for an overseas government agency and the like, often they will only accept consular authorisations etc, will depend on your source level of attestation needed"

I know from past experience, a lot of the documentation used internationally particularly here in the Middle East, will not be accepted unless there is a seal of a consulate or similar affixed.

Cheers

·
Registered
19 Posts
Documents

Hi Stephen,

Hi Suey,

I'm from UK and have just found out I need to get documents attested. Can you send me the details of the agencies?
Thanks

·
Registered
262 Posts
Hi Suey,

I'm from UK and have just found out I need to get documents attested. Can you send me the details of the agencies?
Thanks

Hi Scotslass,

I can't PM you yet, please post anywhere five times, then you will be able to use the PM facility. Afterwhich I will email you the details.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi

Im from South africa and recently accepted an offer to work in the UAE. I've just started with the visa process and found your comment on the forum.

Could you perhaps help me with the attestation process from South Africa. What do I do and where do I send my documents?

Your help would really be appreciated.

My husband moved to Dubai before me and we were lucky that I was still in South Africa. I was able to get our documents attested in SA. It is a long process but you can also check if there is an agency who can do it for you.

·
Registered
26 Posts

Oh my, Durbansun. :eek: I wish I read your post this morning. I am joining my husband in a few weeks time and he needed our marraige cert. So I contacted an attorney and after explaining what I needed, he notarised the doc for me and I have just sent it to Dubia with DHL. I suppose that it is now up to my hubbie to sort out.
Any other docs that need to attested that you know of and what is the exact procedure?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi MikkiD

I found an agent in Pretoria, Mariam 0729273361, she took about 2 weeks to sort out our paper work. I am not sure if your marriage certifcate that was notarised by your attorney is sufficent, but then again my husbands company started processing my visa without our attested marriage certificate. I did it anyway :)

Mariam sent our marriage certificate to foreign affairs for it to be authenticated and then it had to be signed at the UAE Embassy in Pretoria. She should be able to assist you with your educational qualifications as well. Hope this helps.
All the best with your move!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi MikkiD

I found an agent in Pretoria, Mariam 0729273361, she took about 2 weeks to sort out our paper work. I am not sure if your marriage certifcate that was notarised by your attorney is sufficent, but then again my husbands company started processing my visa without our attested marriage certificate. I did it anyway :)

Mariam sent our marriage certificate to foreign affairs for it to be authenticated and then it had to be signed at the UAE Embassy in Pretoria. She should be able to assist you with your educational qualifications as well. Hope this helps.
Thanks DurbanSun
Whenever I think I am on top of all the moving arrangements, something else crops up!

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have had lots of fun going back and forth with the UAE embassy in PTA, but I have managed to get all of my documents sorted (degree and marriage certificate), and my licence to practice was approved in record time :) so must have got something right in the end!

If you guys want to try on your own with out an agent PM me, I will give you all the lessons I learned in the process.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi MikkiD

Wow! Thanks - this definately sounds like an easy way to do things & with all thats going on right now I need easy!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have had lots of fun going back and forth with the UAE embassy in PTA, but I have managed to get all of my documents sorted (degree and marriage certificate), and my licence to practice was approved in record time :) so must have got something right in the end!

If you guys want to try on your own with out an agent PM me, I will give you all the lessons I learned in the process.
Hi, thanks for all the advice and sharing your experience. Somehow I cannot PM you so if you could pls PM me and share your experience it would greatly be appreciated. I want to know everything there is to know!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I really did find it much easier, considering I was in Durban and all the paper work needed to be done in Pretoria. It does cost a bit(aprx R1200) but saves you the cost of going to Pretoria.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.