Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am a recent arrival in Dubai, and was looking for some advice on doctors here....

I have medical insurance from my husband's firm, but no idea how the process works here! Do I just pick a doctor, and go along and sign up, providing my medical insurance details? Is treatment paid up front and claimed back from the insurance company, or does the doctor contact the insurance company for payment?

I am also looking for recommendations for good British doctors here. I live in the Greens so something close to there would be ideal. I have found that my asthma has significantly worsened since arriving here, and would like some advice on managing that, and also I require a review of my contraception as the pills I used to take in the UK are unavailable here and mine got taken upon entry!

Many thanks,

Emilyx

·
Registered
845 Posts
i found my doctor through my insurance company's website. they had a list of places that they had prepayment deals with so i go to saudi german hospital and i don't have to pay a thing for the visits and they have a dispensary. that being said, my insurance coverage also allows me to see whoever i want, pay out of pocket, and then submit the claim. but i actually really like the doctor i've found and like you, my asthma is much worse but he seems to be managing it well for me.

i'd check in with your provider first to find out what is allowed.

·
Registered
69 Posts
We've been told by our provider (BUPA) that they will issue a card for direct payment at the list of doctors and pharmacies on their website but in the meantime we'll need to pay up front and claim back. If you do need to pay up front, make sure you download the forms and take them with you and get everything signed and stamped there and then - I've forgotten this in the past and had a nightmare getting the right signatures and dates to claim the money back!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts