Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone

Just wanted to check if we really need to get the RRV if the passport is from Visa exempt country?

I have just spent few months in Australia as a PR and then moved to Canada and got Canadian passport.

So in this case do I need to apply for RRV or my visa exempt passport would be sufficient to get the entry?

Thanks
Silvi

·
Super Moderator
5,697 Posts
Hi Everyone

Just wanted to check if we really need to get the RRV if the passport is from Visa exempt country?

I have just spent few months in Australia as a PR and then moved to Canada and got Canadian passport.

So in this case do I need to apply for RRV or my visa exempt passport would be sufficient to get the entry?

Thanks
Silvi
Your Australian PR comes with a 5 year travel facility from the date of grant of PR.

After that time, you will need an RRV to re-enter Australia.

There are no foreign passports that exempt you from this. :)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many passports are allowed to apply for ETA Electronic travel authority. It's granted immediately.

So If a person can enter using ETA then why he needs RRV? RRV also allows to enter again.

That's my question and concern.

Thanks
Silvi

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Many passports are allowed to apply for ETA Electronic travel authority. It's granted immediately.

So If a person can enter using ETA then why he needs RRV? RRV also allows to enter again.

That's my question and concern.

Thanks
Silvi
I already explained in another post but here it is. You can enter as a tourist but then you won't be a PR. PR can't be tourist. You choose one. PR doesn't need eTA cos they are PR. So, you either enter as PR or as a tourist of Canadian citizen and then no longer a PR of Australia.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts