Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am fed up with this weather in Sydney this year... Nine degrees? You gotta be kidding. I am seriuosly considering moving to another place.

Does anyone here is living or has lived in other cities besides Sydney and its suburbs? Could you tell us a little bit about it? What you like, what you don't like, etc? AND ABOUT THE WEATHER.

Note: I am not looking for job, so any message making references to "job" or "job market" is irrelevant to me.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi,

I am fed up with this weather in Sydney this year... Nine degrees? You gotta be kidding. I am seriuosly considering moving to another place.

Does anyone here is living or has lived in other cities besides Sydney and its suburbs? Could you tell us a little bit about it? What you like, what you don't like, etc? AND ABOUT THE WEATHER.

Note: I am not looking for job, so any message making references to "job" or "job market" is irrelevant to me.

Thanks in advance.
are you kidding me. Sydney has got the best weather in Oz. When there is a temp of 17c in May/June it was -3 in Canberra and 1c in Melbourne.

Otherwise, QLD and NT are unnecessarily hot in summer and Perth is the world's windiest city.

so you gotta make a decision now.

Cheers :juggle:

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Hi,

Thanks in advance.
Come to melbourne....its 3 degrees here....

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hi,

Thanks in advance.

Bit off topic but my eyes got stuck after looking at your IELTS score. Good job done ! :shocked:

·
Registered
837 Posts
Perth is good, temperatures may go down to single degrees but it won't be cold as per friends update.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Hi,

Thanks in advance.
Wait for few months mate winter doesn't last much here. Yeah as someone pointed out you can come to Perth, but prey rain :rain: doesn't follow you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I live in Fremantle, about half an hour south of Perth, and I think it's absolutely wonderful. People FROM Perth complain about Perth a lot, though, it seems. It's kind of spread out, but it's easy to drive in (which is something I haven't experienced, being from America), it's easy to get to by public transport, and the beaches are gorgeous.

Finding a job recently has been tough though, but that may have a lot to do with the mines letting go so many people and now so many people are out there looking for jobs alongside the rest of us who have been looking.

But if you like cultural festivals and lots of options for a night out (whether you like clubbing, eating at nice restaurants, vegan options, museums, markets, etc.) it's pretty great.

I particularly loved the Fremantle Prison Tours. South beach is pretty much the most awesome thing ever, and the weather is generally pretty great.

It rains a bit in the winter here and there, and for the rest of the year maybe once in a WHILE there'll be a random 20 seconds of downpouring rain that moves on pretty quickly, but otherwise, it's usually sunny and manageable for those not completely used to a buhjillion degree heat. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts