Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

One of the IELTS coaching center today told me that you need to give ILETS twice when you are applying for migration...

He meant that during assessment and then after you get VISA you need to give IELTS

Please provide your suggestion. I thought we need to give IELST (General) once which is needed for SS and DIAC.

I am planning for IELTS General on 26th May

·
Registered
186 Posts
Absolutely wrong! U need to take the test only once (as long as u get the required score) before applying for visa...

·
Registered
202 Posts
timus17 said:
Hello Everyone,

One of the IELTS coaching center today told me that you need to give ILETS twice when you are applying for migration...

He meant that during assessment and then after you get VISA you need to give IELTS

Please provide your suggestion. I thought we need to give IELST (General) once which is needed for SS and DIAC.

I am planning for IELTS General on 26th May
:) you need to give it just once. That score is valid for 2 years.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am not sure why he(Coaching institute guy) was saying this...

I said i am giving Genereal.. He said you have to later give Academic as well.

He also said due to some Changes after November 2011, you have to give twice... and i told him that i am doing everything on my own and i had not hired a consultant for filling my PR Visa... Then he was pushing me to get a consultant...

Also he said that during pre-assement you have to give IELTS and then after you get your visa...

·
Registered
63 Posts
ur coach may be right ...some skills assessing authorities ask for an academic IELTS....if thats wat ur case is then u got to write an academic ielts for that purpose...

assuming u score the band u need in ur academic ielts then u can find out if DIAC will accept it (dont see y they wont)

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have applied to ACS and would be applying to VIC for SS..

Do i need to give General or Academic ?

·
Registered
186 Posts
General would be just fine...btw ACS doesn't have any requirement for IELTS...

·
Registered
202 Posts
mhk said:
General would be just fine...btw ACS doesn't have any requirement for IELTS...
I don't think you require IELTS even for VIC SS. They would ask for IELTS score later on but you don't require them when you upload the first set of documents. I'm 90% sure but confirm it once at Vic's site.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't think you require IELTS even for VIC SS. They would ask for IELTS score later on but you don't require them when you upload the first set of documents. I'm 90% sure but confirm it once at Vic's site.

Ya you are right Vijay... However i want to confirm is VIC and DIAC ok with General IELTS ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.