Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I have recently received an invitation to apply for NSW nomination - visa 190. Yay!
I am married and have a wife, so i am the main applicant and she is on my application.

As you know when couples apply for 189 visas and get it, each partner gets an individual 189. So noone is dependent. Our family friends did the same and both of partners had their own individually issued 189 from the same visa application, which is awesome!

We are wondering if it is the same case when we get our visas issued from 190, NSW?

I have called NSW Immigration Department and they gave me very mixed-up answer, which makes me believe they did not know a heck about it! :(

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
Congrats!

It is unlikely NSW will be in the know cause they don't issue the grants, DHA does - you can try this number in case you don't receive any replies:

Clients calling from overseas
The new Global Service Centre is available to answer queries Monday to Friday, 9 am to 5 pm (local client time) by calling Australia on +61 2 6196 0196 (international rates apply).

My understanding is each person will get an individual grant. Do update the forum if you manage to clarify.

Reactions: rushka.rauschenberg

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats!

It is unlikely NSW will be in the know cause they don't issue the grants, DHA does - you can try this number in case you don't receive any replies:

Clients calling from overseas
The new Global Service Centre is available to answer queries Monday to Friday, 9 am to 5 pm (local client time) by calling Australia on +61 2 6196 0196 (international rates apply).

My understanding is each person will get an individual grant. Do update the forum if you manage to clarify.
Thanks a lot for quick reply :) really appreciate your help. Yeah definitely, we were actually planning to call them individually to be sure. Just wanted to ask people here to see how their personal experiences were like :) thanks again!

·
Registered
92 Posts
I know a case of a couple who both received separate 190 Visa Grant Numbers. However, when you check the VIVO details it shows under:

Visa applicant: Primary & Secondary.

But I don't think that matters anyway.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Hey guys,

I have recently received an invitation to apply for NSW nomination - visa 190. Yay!
I am married and have a wife, so i am the main applicant and she is on my application.

As you know when couples apply for 189 visas and get it, each partner gets an individual 189. So noone is dependent. Our family friends did the same and both of partners had their own individually issued 189 from the same visa application, which is awesome!

We are wondering if it is the same case when we get our visas issued from 190, NSW?

I have called NSW Immigration Department and they gave me very mixed-up answer, which makes me believe they did not know a heck about it! :(
Hi rushka.rauschenberg,

Each person will get an individual Grant. Each person's Grant letter will be on separate emails.

Reactions: rushka.rauschenberg

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know a case of a couple who both received separate 190 Visa Grant Numbers. However, when you check the VIVO details it shows under:

Visa applicant: Primary & Secondary.

But I don't think that matters anyway.
Hi,
Thank you very much for responding and sharing your information with me I really appreciate it

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts