Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

We are likely to be moving to Dubai next year and I would like to bring our cat with us. Just a quick question; do most apartments allow cats, or do you have to look for a special apartment that allows pets? In the UK you need special permission, but where I live in Cambodia at the moment no-one needs permission. I'm just wondering what the situation is in Dubai.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
It really depends. You should find a landlord that will allow you to have pets, and make sure that it states that you can have pets in your tenancy contract.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Rule of thumb: Emaar properties, yes. Nakheel properties, no.

The majority of apartments in Dubai will allow pets. But you do need to double check with both the landlord and the building management. The landlord may say yes but the building management may say no, so always ask at the front desk when you view an apartment.

Having said that, there are people who live in 'no pet' buildings who have cats and even dogs. I once saw a sign in an elevator that said: If residents do not clean up after their pets the building management will have no choice but to enforce the no pet clause in your contract.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had cats in my apartments and with the consent approval of the building's management. some were so clear that it's not so I had to look somewhere else.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts