Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Do I stand a chance?

902 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  i.need.help 
#1 ·
Hello guys - I am new to the forum and was encouraged to join after I saw how helpful and friendly the people are on here.

My story is that I agreed to marry somebody from back home to please my dad. In the process of it my dad turned into a monster and basically has mental health problems which make him against his family and try and cause problems for everything. As such I have also began to like the guy and want to go ahead with the wedding.

To cut a long story short - it is my wedding in August and I am a full time UK worker as a civil servant. My dad is not paying any expenses and claims he has no money. I had £6000 in savings which I had to use to pay for tickets to Pakistan and it had to be this year as my mum has suffered years of abuse at the hands of my dad so and so that she is barely able to speak to her parents who live back home. She has not seen them for over 10 years. So we had to go this year and wedding has also been planned.

However all my savings gone and the rest of my salary gone in wedding preparation and shopping means that my bank statements are not as good as they should be for immigration purposes.

Prior to this my dad bought a house in my name and it is being renovated but all the bills and council tax is in my name but I don't pay the bills. My job doesn't meet the income threshold . I earn £15,189 yearly.

I have been in this job since December but none of the money stays in the bank so I don't know how effective my statements would be. I would prefer :rolleyes: like everybody :rolleyes: to get the process done over and done with asap. However it doesn't seem possible and with the way my dad is - I feel like :faint::faint::faint::faint::faint:

The only option I can think of is to come back in September and find another job and work for 6 months and not spend a single penny and then put his papers in. What other options do I have and is there anything that can be done without having to look for another job?

Any help would be much appreciated . Thank you in advance

See less See more
#2 ·
If you are planning on relying on income from employment then you need to be earning £18,600/year for a minimum of 6 months.

At your current salary you would need £24,527.50 in savings held untouched for 6 months.

They aren't concerned with how you spend your money. They are concerned with whether you make enough money.

#3 ·
Hi there,

I have seen a few people people post on here that they had a negative balance in their account and were successful, so it doesn't really matter. It's just important that you meet all the requirements.

Best of luck, and sorry to hear about the difficulties with your family. Hope it all works out.

#4 ·
If this is the case - then I would be better off applying for another or second job from now ?:eek:

#6 ·
I'd say if you work continuously from Sept this year for 6 months, you should be ready to apply this time next year.

#7 ·
t

And how does accomodation work ? Would I need letters from anybody if I own the house? Yes I am planning on working ASAP for sixth months and getting the rest of things sorted whilst I work so that hopefully by March April 2016 we should have submitted an application? Isn't next September a bit too long?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.